CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 14, 2010

A long overdue THANK YOU!!!

I have now been meaning to do this post for awhile, but life has been getting the better of me. What with keeping up with work (which is most of the time more than full-time and taking projects home with me constantly), trying to get my house ready to sell, and oh yeah, that little job of being a mom to one very special little lady! ;) Just haven't had much time for much of anything else!

But, thanks to Fall Break, I'm going to be catching up on a few the posts that I wanted to do!! So now I'll get on with it!

Fundraising efforts have been a HUGE success this year, and I really needed to thank each of you for the help and effort you have put forth to help us reach our goals.

The Chase Contest
First, I'm sure you all remember how annoying I got with the Chase contest through facebook. Well, I'm not going to apologized for that because it so paid off! We may not have finished with the most votes, or even the top 5, but we did finish 34th among thousands, which is fantastic!! Which meant that The Chromosome 18 Registry and Research Society received a whopping check of $20,000!  And I know a lot of those votes came from me pestering all of you. Hahaha! 

But no, seriously, I have it on record that someone actually went door to door in her apartment complex asking people to vote. I also know someone that while her teenage son was having a sleepover, bribed all the boys with a bunch of pizzas to vote and encourage their friends to vote. These were all beyond amazing and rewarding efforts, so THANK YOU!!

Yankee Candle Fundraiser
I had no idea that this time selling candles would be such a success! I mean the last time I did it, I made off ok, but 40% of $300 didn't mean much for the registry. Well this year was different, and I hope it's because I made much more of an effort!

My final sales tally at the end was: $1,018!! And 40% of that means around $407.20 for the registry! And that was just from my sales.... meaning there were other Chromosome 18 families participating all over the country, and once I know the full tally, I'm going to let everyone know!

The Freckled Flower Shop Fundraiser
This one was thanks to a dear friend of mine, who happens to be my visiting teacher as well (church thing). When she saw my post about the Yankee fundraiser, she decided to use her online boutique and donate 50% of her proceeds for an alloted time frame to the registry as well. Which was just beyond moving, especially in this economy where everyone is struggling to make ends meat. 

Chante's final tally was a generous $75 and I can't thank her enough! 

All in all, tremendous efforts and support from all I love.

So, from the bottom of our hearts, we thank you.


I even wore my Chromosome 18 shirt!

We really can't thank you enough for supporting our 
most "One of a Kind" girl
These pajamas could not say it better about this child

Love,
Steve, Alisha & Emarie Peters

4 comments:

Shelby said...

Sweet! A wonderful recap of the year! I too want to do a blog post soon about fundraising. The Chase thing was awesome obviously, and we had a really successful candle sale last year once the final tally was in, so that forecasts great things for this year too!(I think it will be an every other year thing for my family-we had a room do candles.) but there are SO many "cozy" and easy fundraisers that people can do at home. Our garage sale did fairly well, & that was very little work-and the garage looks cleaner. I'd love to see more of these this year! Thanks for whipping up this interest and for the updates!!

PS: And the shirt is spot on!

Candice said...

You're doing a lot for the registry...and for that I thank YOU!!

Lacey said...

Awesome job Alisha! Chromosome 18 is lucky to have you!

Gabi said...

Love the PJ and the 1st top picture. that one you need to post on FB. It's adorable! And i think you're doing so much helping other kids and families in the 18th chrome family. it's so great! :) Keep up the good work. You're totally making a difference in so many lives!