So, most of you know by now that our family is going through a lot of changes. Hard ones at best. Drastic ones. Drastic enough, that this blog is not really appropriate anymore.
I've been thinking about what I can do about that, and I don't want to kill this one off, because of all of Em's life being on here. So, for now, redesigning and naming it seems best.
I will though, be starting a new blog as well. Mostly it will be a journal of sorts. I have always found writing very therapeutic (heaven knows I can use all the therapy I can get), and I really like it. I am going to make this blog private, because it's going to be my very personal thoughts. However, the reason I'm telling you this, is because, I will consider inviting anyone who asks me for an invitation. I am going to warn you, most of you do not know everything about me, I can now admit that I have faced horrors in my life that most can't even imagine. That is from outside perspectives, not just my own. This is going to be very raw, and telling it like it is. So, if you don't want to read that, I certainly will understand. Mostly I just need to write it out for me, because there are certain things that have happened to me, that I've only just begun to even admit.
Here is just an excerpt of what this blog will most likely entail:
Monday- made it into the top 5 worst days of my life. This is a hard list to crack into, I'm not going to elaborate on all of them, because for one I don't like reliving them. But, one, was the day my sister died, a day I can't ever forget, and seems to creep up on me with all it's vivid horrors when I least expect it to.
Yes, Monday was pretty hard. It is really hard when every last bit of hope that you could maybe work things out with your spouse, is gone. It was really hard being away from Emarie for the first time at night. And being alone at night for the first time in, I can't even remember. I did not sleep, all I could do was recount everything in my head, and stare at the blank and silent video baby monitor.
This is probably pretty tame compared to what may come, but pretty much along the lines of what it will be.
So, this will most likely be the last post on this blog as it is. Also, I really would like to know how many people really read this blog. I know I have 13 followers, but not sure if all of those actually read my blog. I'll admit, that I don't read all of the blogs I follow. Mostly just because there are too many, I really would like to read them all, but there's just not enough time. So, if you don't usually comment, but do read this, will you please let me know! You don't have to leave a comment, but you can email me, fb me, or tell me in person! Please, I want to know!
Heavy stuff, but thanks for reading, if you did! I am really grateful how many people are supporting me, in what is proving to be one of the most difficult times in my life. I love you all, and know that your support does not go unappreciated.




21 comments:
I'm looking forward to the new blog. A new beginning for you and Em :) I love you and would love an invite to the new one!
Done Marci! Was already planning on inviting you anyway!
Love you lish. You should keep blogging on this one as well. If only for you and Em.
Sorry about Monday. It seems like a day like that can't get any worse from previous years...then it does :(
I always read and can't wait for you to post! Since I'm a sucky VTeacher it's a way for me to get to know you better. I would LOVE to be invited to your new blog. I think you are such a strong and amazing woman and are such a great example to me.
I want to keep reading your blog! Invite me :) lindseywitt at gmail dot com
I read, and would like to keep reading if you are okay with that:)
I read! Sorry you are going through such a terrible time. I hope your writing does help and you'll continue to jeep us updated!
Hey, I hope things get better. Let us know what the new blog is!
I read, lately not as often as I used to, but I still do! I'm so sorry lish I can only imagine a night away from your baby. Good luck, and you know my whole family is here for you anytime. Love you oh and let me know if your blog changes. Or you can update this one for jsut you and Em!!
I would like to contunue reading. I too have been through a lot of things that other people would be shocked by. Sometimes I swear I could write a book!
I love you and I am sorry to hear about your difficult time I love you and your sweet Em and I love reading your cute blog. Keep your chin up your are such a sweet and strong women and I am here for you with anything you need your a doll and you have always had a soft spot in my heart! I am glad we can are still friend even if it is though the computer screen but I love being able to talk with you at anytime your great and I am praying for you and your sweetheart love you McKell
I would love to keep updated with you and Em! You are so sweet and deserve the best! If you need anything I'm just down the street!
I'd like to continue reading your blog(s). I only have 7 followers on mine, but you're absolutely right that the writing is therapeutic. And besides, its not the number, even one reader is important if you really touch someone's heart or make their life a bit better by sharing your experiences. And you do that for many folks! I'm sorry things have been so hard lately. Keep your chin up!
Of course I want to be invited to your new blog! Sometimes I think blogs are the only way I know what's going on with my family! Anyway, just a tip, if you sign up for Google Analytics, you can kind of keep track of how many people are reading your blog. It doesn't tell you exactly you is reading it, but it will tell you how many different readers you have, where they are located, etc. I don't use it right now but I have in the past and will probably start using it again once the baby comes. You'd be surprised what you find!
I love reading your blog and learning more about you and Em. It's nice to get to know you from even though we have distance states between us. So I'm in!
Whoa, looks like I made a sentence structure mistake. I meant even though we are far apart by states I can still keep in touch with you through your blog. I really enjoy it.
I just read your comment on my blog. It's therapeutic for me to write too. Let me know if you want a stranger (fellow mom of ch 18 kid) to connect with your new site too. I tend to be kind of honest too. It's the only way outsiders really know what your world is like. Will dad still be in the picture? I just couldn't imagine doing this alone. My prayers are with you and your little girl.
I would love an invite!
mrsvolt@gmail.com
I love you Alisha!
Alisha, I have loved reading your blog and facebook comments. I don't want to be intrusive so it's up to you, but I would continue to read and appreciate. I wish you the best.
sheryl1004@hotmail.com
I read lindsayburr@Comcast.net
I would love it if I could read your new blog, Alisha. kira.luke@gmail.com
Post a Comment