I need to thrive and hang on to that thought, because right now, I'm more than slightly worried about one beautiful little girl that just doesn't deserve anymore (insert dramatic, maybe four letter word of your choice here). As I am hulled up in a tiny cabin next to my sweet girl waiting with baited breath to make sure she doesn't throw up that precious, much needed antibiotic that was just placed in her system.
On to the good things though, which would be
growing!!
Yes, that's right, my little sprout that everyone's first comment on her use to be "She's tiny!" or, "She's so small!" or something else to that effect.
Well, she still might not be where she's supposed to be for her age, but she's the closest she's ever been!!
That's right, this little girl, who a mere 6-8 months ago was still sporting 3-6 month clothes, is now in a healthy 24 month and 2T size (mostly)! Which is freakin amazing if I do say so!!
The only draw back (because yes, there has to be one!), is the fact that she has needed all new clothes. Not so bad, you say, right? Well it's just new for me, for a mom who's little girl could wear clothes 2 or 3 years in a row. And don't even get me started on shoes. So yes, she needed a whole new wardrobe, and thankfully we have had many nice people step in to help (since money has been a bit tight for awhile).
So here ya go, some recent pictures of my little girl that now actually resembles an almost 3 year old, in some of her new clothes that our wonderful family has supplied!
Hair is growing too! and gotta love the Halloween representation, ghost clips!
And as I mentioned, those feet have grown as well, for the first time since she was born. At the beginning of this year, she was still fitting into newborn shoes, but now, she is mostly a size 2, sometimes even a 3! Still very disproportionate though to her size, so I mentioned this when she was getting fitted for her new daphos (orthotics), so they made them formed to her feet but sized so that she could have bigger shoes. So, that meant that overnight (when she got her orthotics), she went from a size 2 to a size 6!! So, no, she's not really a size 6, but that's what size shoe we had to get to fit over the new orthotics.
So we spent around $80 buying an all new wardrobe of shoes as well.
And yes there's pants in there too, but who can pass up darling corduroys for $1.99 each at Kid to Kid?!
Here are the ones we got dirt cheap at Kid to Kid! The ones on the left are barely used, but the ones on the right, I'm %100 certain were never worn, and Gymboree normally $40 shoes, we got for a fraction of the price!! They also had an adorable purple pair as well that were never worn, someone should snatch up fast at the Provo Kid to Kid!!
The boots were the most expensive at $30 from Payless, but they were practical because she can wear them with anything from pants to dresses and skirts! The other two were from Shoe Carnival and we got for a good deal of $15 a piece, but one ended up being $7.50 because of "Buy One Get One 1/2 Off"!
But the most expensive of the bunch would be these babies!! At $1,000 (our bit was about $200) she better wear them!!
In other good news, I think you may have all figured it out, but just in case you haven't- Steve and I have decided to give things another try! We're not sure at this point how everything is going to work, but is anyone ever really?! We're just happy to report we're doing our best to work through our problems and we never did have a problem with loving each other, which is most important!
Also, one more thing.... Steve was a little worried about giving me this trip since I love Halloween so much and will be missing it at home. But, I was actually a bit relieved we wouldn't be home. And I thought I would relay back my post from last year's Halloween. You can read the whole thing here if you want, but here's the point I wanted to emphasize:
Last Year's Halloween Afterthoughts
-Spray-on glitter (aka: Fairy Dust) does not easily come off the couch, the tile floor, the car, the carpet and clothes, well pretty much anything!
-No matter how much you love to dress up, your husband might not feel the same way!
-Trying to paint a two year old's face with eyeliner, is definitely not an easy task (that's why she just has the nose at this point!)
-No matter what I do to prevent it, we will continue to be the only ones on our street that get our pumpkins smashed before Halloween.
-If you get home after 8 pm, you probably won't have more than 4 or 5 trick-or-treaters!
-No matter how much you want to tell the big teenage Tongan girls with no costumes, that they don't get candy since they didn't dress up, it's probably not a good idea (they probably would have easily beat me up)!
-Last of all, watching a scary movie on Halloween, is not always a good idea, when it was as disturbing as this one was (which I won't mention!)
And since Utah celebrates Halloween on Saturday when it falls on a Sunday, I would like to wish those of you that will be doing Halloween type activities tonight, a safe and happy Halloween, or Happy Haunting!!







5 comments:
Alisha-I may have somehow missed this-but what is responsible for the new amazing growth? I have the hardest time getting Alex to grow-or even eat-especially with the food allergies and sensory issues. We just this week got him to the point where he will eat a pureed mishmash of veggies and meat, so long as the meat has been crock pot cooked first. I'm hoping the protein bulks him up some. So awesome to see Miss Em grow!! And you did score some cute clothes for her!
She is looking SO big!!! And her new wardrobe is adorable.
By the way, is your house off the market?? I know you didn't really want to move!
A lot of good things today!!!! New clothing, new shoes and a new shot at doing the mommy and daddy thing together... it's tough, but I couldn't imagine doing it seperately. Good for you two! My advise: go on dates... get a sitter and spend some time together. There aren't any books on how to be married when crazy, scary, and tear-your-heart-out are a way of life. Bless you both!
Shelby- I really can't say that we've been doing anything more that what we've been doing all her life. Which is, 37 kcal's an ounce in her formula since forever! G-tube placement at 3 months, so even when she doesn't want to eat, she gets it anyway. We started her on Growth Hormone around her 1st birthday, which hasn't really ever taken, until now that is.
Stats at birth- 6 1/2 pounds
1 year- 12 pounds
2 years- 17 pounds
And I'm sure by three we will be near the 30 mark!!! We're holding steady at around 27 probably and I'm not sure how she's fairing since her entire weekend of only Pedialyte and not even keeping that down :/
Candice-we unfortunately started a short-sale on our house and so it has to sell or it will go to foreclosure. Yes, I'm sad about this, but we really weren't able to keep up with the payments anymore with how much our insurance has gone up this year.
In those photos she looks so big, long legs like her mommy! I can't believe how much shes grown-seriously like overnight! I'm happy that things are going well and the vacation ended up nice!
Post a Comment