So Friday was the Provo Preschool Program's "Fall Carnival"! All the teachers were implored to be there and be in charge of a booth. Mine was the "Leaf Rubbing" station, which I thought no one would want to come to, but boy was I wrong!! We had an amazing turnout of probably around 500 people, which was incredible!!
One of my favorite things was the fact that we tend to continually have returning families, meaning siblings of former kids we've taught, because we invite the entire family to these kinds of events. I'm always SO happy to see former students, and even happier when they remember me and have a smile on their face when they see me. And it never ceases to amaze me how their names just 'pop' right to my mind when I see them, especially with my memory! I even saw students from my first year of teaching who are now in 4th grade!! I just can't believe that! And so wonderful to see how they've grown and changed, and a small part of me (very small mind you) thinks that I may have had a little to do with that. Ahh, being a teacher is the BEST!!
And my little sweetie got to join in the fun, and was a perfect little angel the whole time! It was exciting to see her at her first preschool event, especially since she is so close to joining the ranks of her fellow peers she was around, possibly may have met a few of her future classmates as well!
Just taking it all in :)
Even held still to get her hand painted, didn't think the face would go over as well ;)
You can also see the hint of her "prize" she won in one of the activities, it is a "disco ball" necklace!
Wish I had more pictures, but it was seriously CrAzY!! The ones I actually got were after 6 (which is when it was supposed to end), and we had run out of almost everything!
All in all, I'd say it was a success!




6 comments:
I just found out that they plan to send Graham to a regular pre-school in Jan. OMG...it's incredibly hard to imagine!!
That is GREAT NEWS Candice!!!
Sounds like fun! I'm still so surprised you ended up being a teacher. I bet your the best!
Looks like she had a BLAST! I am looking forward to Gardner Village. My friend Megan who is a photographer had a great idea, all of us go up together with our kids in their costumes and she is going to take pictures of all of them together :) Next week?
Sounds GREAT Marci!! Let's plan on it!!
Darling Pictures! One of the schools I work at has a fall carnival this Friday. I am excited:)
Post a Comment