Spend the weekend at my house after this post ;)
Well maybe not, but we did have fun!
It started off a couple of weeks ago when Diane (one of Em's wonderful caregivers) asked if I wouldn't mind taking her youngest daughter for the weekend when she took the rest of her girls to Martin's Cove in Wyoming. I told her I'd love to! Well turns out, when her second youngest daughter found out her sister was coming to my house, she wanted in as well. So that's that, we had two extra girls this past weekend, a 10 year old, and a 3 1/2 year old. And let me tell you, it was a blast!!
First off was the PEIP "Trunk or Treat" on Friday
2 Witches and a Princess!
That first night went well, just a little sadness right at first, but nothing a little prayer, cuddle and back rub couldn't fix, and sleeping soundly the rest of the night! Until 6 am on Saturday that is! Hahaha, we're not use to that in this household, since our little one sleeps until woken up most of the time! But it was fun getting up and cooking breakfast and starting the day early enough to fit everything in! And speaking of cooking, they sure liked it when Steve cooked (chicken strips and french fries for dinner Friday night, and french toast for breakfast Saturday morning) not as much when I did (Meatloaf on Saturday night and eggs, bacon and toast on Sunday morning).
Saturday was supposed to be some sort of Corn Maze or Halloween fun center like that, but the weather was awful, so we settled on Toy Story 3 in 3D! Only Em was a little tired that day, so she stayed home with daddy. Which is just as well, because I'm not sure she would have enjoyed the movie as much as the older girls.
After we got home, Steve ventured out and got us some pumpkins to carve, and we had dinner then spread out some tarps in the living room, put on one of my favorite Halloween movies (Casper), started to work on the pumpkins and had homemade Halloween cookies and hot chocolate!
Eww! Pumpkin Guts!! Can I just say, I love Em's look in the background here!
She was very good at letting me "help" ;)
She worked so hard!
And this one was just lovin every second of this weekend! Uhm, maybe it's time for siblings, but then again, maybe not! Because we can always just borrow these ones ;)
And then the proud carvers with their finished pumpkins!
Isn't she adorable?! Calls me "Emarie's Mom" too even though she knows my name, love that!
She's very fond of the "peace sign" as well as the word "awkward" ;)
Other things we did were playing the Wii, a lot! And both girls were rather fond of the Photo Booth program on my laptop! I have quite a lot of pictures and videos that they made :)
See now, I am fun!
Oh and I know it's my birthday right now, but that post will have to wait.... it has been an Epic, Amazing birthday, so much to tell, and it hasn't ended yet. One of the benefits of having so many wonderful people in my life, all who want to share my birthday with me, just not all at the same time ;) But the post will be coming soon!
Just a little preview
I will just let you all think that says "21"
Oh and I know it's my birthday right now, but that post will have to wait.... it has been an Epic, Amazing birthday, so much to tell, and it hasn't ended yet. One of the benefits of having so many wonderful people in my life, all who want to share my birthday with me, just not all at the same time ;) But the post will be coming soon!
Just a little preview
I will just let you all think that says "21"






3 comments:
Wow! Looks like you know how to have fun with guests! Maybe I"ll send my two up for the weekend:)
I am so happy the weekend turned out good!!!!! I looks like you had so much fun! :) The pumpkins are way cute too!
Looks like a fun weekend. Love the pizza. Hope you had a great "21st" birthday. Hehe!
Post a Comment