Wow, blogger changed some things. Anyway, not what this is about!!
Ok, this is probably getting old if you are my friend on FB. But still, only about 40 of my total 303 friends have thus far voted. So, I figure I'm going to keep bugging everyone until we have enough votes to get us in the top 200!!
So here it is, there is a charity group on Facebook, through Chase (yes the credit card company). They are willing to give away $5,000,000 (yes that's 5 million) total to 200 charities to split up. AND Chromosome 18 Registry and Research Society is in the running. We just need your votes!! Right now, we're at a steady 143 votes, and the bottom on the top 200 is at 271. But, I am hopeful, because yesterday afternoon, we were at a steady 83, and I've been working my butt off, and now we've almost doubled what we had in one day! So, if we keep it up, we'll be in good shape!
I don't have to tell many of you how important the research that Chromosome 18 does. Most of you know that it's what helped us find out we needed to put Emarie on growth hormone, and what specialists to see. As well as many things to look out for in the future. But, what some of you may not know is that the research they do, does not only help the kids with Chromosome 18 disorders, but, it can also help research with Down's Syndrome, autism, metabolic disorders, anxiety, depression, and the list goes on and on!
Here is what I posted on the Chase Giving wall for Chromosome 18:
We would have been completely lost when our daughter was diagnosed with 18q deletion syndrome, had it not been for the Chromosome 18 Research and Registry Society. Not only did it provide us with an answer to what our daughter's condition entailed, but they gave us hope, where we had never found any before. They also connected us with a whole other network of families that could relate and give advice.
You have no idea what this organization means to my family. Please help them continue on the legacy that they are providing. They are completely non-profit and work solely off of contributions, and this would help tremendously, so please vote!!
So, now that I have all of your attention, here's where you can go to vote, and please, please do!!!
By the way, I think you have to be on facebook to vote. But, if you don't have one, you can just make a profile to vote, and then delete it ; )
Thank you all!!




2 comments:
I hope you don't mind that I copied your post for my blog. Thanks for doing this!!
Not at all my dear! Thanks for passing it along, we need all the help we can get!!
Post a Comment