*Play song, "A Thousand Years" for this post
Ok, to start off I just want to say how happy we are! This has been a long time coming, and especially now that things really seem to be going well and the baby is growing right we could not be more thrilled!
Ok, to start off I just want to say how happy we are! This has been a long time coming, and especially now that things really seem to be going well and the baby is growing right we could not be more thrilled!
Now I know a lot of you have questions, and a lot of you have already voiced them! And to be honest, I expected as much with our family.
So here they are, hopefully I'll hit them all!
How far along am I? Well my original date (tracking by my cycle) was December 10th, but by my 3rd ultrasound, I was tracking at least a week sooner than that... so more like December 3rd.... and the Dr. could hear the heartbeat already in the office on Friday, so more likely I'm closer to 11 weeks right now.
When did you find out? Technically I guess we found out the first of April, but since I hadn't taken a pregnancy test in so long, wasn't thinking clearly and wasn't expecting it to be positive at all, I thought it was negative when actually it was positive. So when I took another one a few days later, again I thought it was negative at first, but then realized they'd both been positive :)
Have you had an ultrasound yet? As mentioned above, I have had 3 because they were worried I might be having an ectopic pregnancy.... but countless blood draws (every other day for the first two weeks), and 3 ultrasounds later, things are looking great!
Why do you wait so long to announce? Anyone who has lost a baby can relate to this one, because nothing is worse than having to announce a miscarriage after you've just announced a pregnancy, and I would know. I probably would have waited longer, but sadly I'm showing quite a bit already and I was afraid with facebook and everything the word would get out before I could announce it my way and on my terms.
This is showing me a little bigger than I actually am because I had just eaten a large Mother's Day meal. But yes, sadly I look like I could be 4-5 months which has me worried that I will be huge in just a matter of time! We even thought there might be 2 in there because I started to pop at right about 7 weeks. Haven't really needed maternity clothes yet, but I am trying to locate them all, and I'm still probably going to buy more since mine are 5 years old and have been passed around and I'm not even sure what I have anymore! But what a relief that I don't have to try and hide it anymore!
Do you know the gender? Not yet! You have to be at least 16 weeks for a gender check, but yes we will probably find out when we can!
Do you have feelings yet toward boy or girl? Not really, though Steve thinks it's another girl... but it really doesn't matter to me since I would love to have a little boy, but a girl would be great too since we have so much girl stuff!
Have you been sick? Yes, yes, YES!! Though thankfully I was smart this time and when I went in to the Dr the first time (the day I found out I was pregnant actually since she's a high-risk doctor) I asked for Zofran and started taking it the moment I started feeling nauseous (which was right away pretty much!). As long as I take it every 12 hours I do ok.... not great, but definitely better than when I was pregnant with Em! I also have had a lot of headaches, some migraines :P And at least a tension headache almost every day... but thankfully that has started to get better! I also had a pretty nasty virus that was awful and had me sick for over 2 weeks! And of course have been incredibly tired and very unmotivated to do anything!
What is the likelihood that this baby will have the same condition as Emarie? Now this has been the touchy one. I touched on this on my private blog awhile back because I have had people ask if we're afraid to have more kids because they'll have a chromosome problem like Em. And let me tell you, I cannot think of a worse thing to ask someone! At least with the new pregnancy most have been questioning this a little more tactfully. But still, let me just put this out there- Emarie is the single best thing ever to happen to Steve and me and honestly it wouldn't change a thing for us to have another child like her! But the likelihood is about the same as before...... about 1 in 40,000, so like I've said before, you don't usually win the lottery twice ;) And no I probably won't do pre-natal testing unless my Dr absolutely insists due to things shown in ultrasound or something. But I won't do it simply because of Emarie. We will just see what happens and we will love this baby as much as Emarie no matter what.
And lastly, was this pregnancy planned? Although I think this is a rude question and I don't think I'd ever ask it, I think I understand the need for people to know. So my answer to this one is yes and no. Steve and I have actually been trying for awhile (over a year), so yes in that aspect, but the fact that it had taken me so long had lead me to quit expecting it, so that's where it was a surprise.
So I think that is all for now, but I'll probably be going into depth a little more on a few of these in the next few months. Bottom line is, we are happy, thrilled and excited to be on this journey again! And Em and the baby will be just about 5 years apart :)





9 comments:
Awe, congratulations again. I can't wait to find out what your having, and I can't wait to see how excited Em is to be a big sister! When Maleah saw Judah for the first time, she was so excited that we got to take him home! Haha
YAY so happy for your little family!!!! I know you have been wanting it! Congrats alisha and steve and em!!1
Congratulations to u n ur family :) yes ur showin a lil early so u may b carryin twins but i also now i showed early w my one yr old but not early. As for wat everyone thinks or says i think its a blessing n maybe will get em motivated.. I now w my daughter our one yr old gave her a.boost. Ur a wonderdful person and an awesome mom. Congrats again. My prayers will b w u n ur family. No matter how our children are born we love.them unconditionally. If we have a special needs child they.are a gift from god n i now u can do it cause ur awesome..... Happy mothers day
I think it's just amazing. You must be over the moon. Being pregnant was some of the happiest months for me. I truly loved it. I wouldn't worry about showing earlier, from what I know, it's very common for you to show earlier with a second pregnancy. Your body is different after having a baby. My sister had five and I think she showed earlier and earlier for each subsequent one. Good luck and I hope the morning sickness and headaches subside quickly so you can feel good and enjoy every minute of this wonderful time in your life.
Congratulations girl!!! I'm so excited for your beautiful little family! Ps...you do NOT look 5 months pregnant and your very little belly is adorable. Hopefully I'll get to see it in person. :)
I love that you did an "FAQ"! When I was pregnant I also found it strange how many people would ask questions that I would consider personal/none of their business...I think you handled it quite nicely though.
Happy, thrilled and excited for you! Take it easy Momma, I know that's easier said than done, but get your rest when you can! You look beautiful, absolutely glowing!
You look gorgeous! Will Steve be taking your maternity photos??
Yes Candice! IF and ONLY if I allow him to ;)
Post a Comment