CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Life is so joyful!

I really hope none of you came on here thinking, how in the world can she think that?? If you are new, and haven't read any of my previous posts, then I will tell you, that right now, I'm going through a somewhat complicated situation with my significant other (otherwise know as the husband). That I am undergoing some significant (some would call it) health problems. And oh yeah, one other minor thing, my special needs daughter who is not even three just had her 10th surgery, which was probably a bigger surgery than most would ever face in their lifetime. To which now, she is in a 3/4 body cast!

So one might ask, how can life be good?? Well it is! I have to say, that in this household of three very loving people, 99% of the time, there is a 100% genuine smile on every single one of our faces!! Life is good, very good. 

All is due to one, very beautiful and charming girl. I seriously could not have asked for a better child than this one. I honestly cannot fabricate a more perfect little spirit than the one that inhabits this little girl's body. She is my everything. I really do not remember what life was like without her, that's how amazing she is. Those of you on the outside that have repeated this to me, only see a fraction of what she truly is, which is remarkable. How can this girl have this attitude? How could I have been so blessed to have her? I have no idea, but I am thanking my Heavenly Father for her every minute. Especially now. How can I possibly get frustrated or angry at our situation, when she never does? The one whom everything directly effects, and nothing seems to bother her at all. I just marvel at her, and know I have loads more to learn from her. And loads of time to do it!

I even found myself asking this question today, "seriously, what did I do for fun before YOU?" Em has this new thing of "psyching you out". If you haven't been around her in awhile, or didn't see the video on this post, then you don't know that Emarie is giving hugs when asked. Well, her new little thing to do to daddy is, when he asks for a hug she'll hold out her little arms, but when he comes closer, she instinctively pulls them back and vigorously shakes her head "no," all the while smiling and laughing. She'll only give in when he/we act sad or dejected. Now you tell me that, that is not something only a very bright child would do?! And let alone one that has movement restricted completely to her arms and head. What a sly thing she learned to do with her limits. Some of you may not know why I marvel at this, but those some of you were not there when certain people lead me to believe that she would not amount to much. If only they could see her now. 

I love, love, love what this girl has done for my life! I can't wait to see what she does for hers!

7 comments:

Erin said...

i love love love this post! and i totally know what you mean. morgan changed me & everyone that knew me before can tell. she is the best thing...the only thing i struggle with is that i wish her little body didnt have to go through so much to teach us all of these marvelous & spiritual things. love you two!

Candice said...

What a sweet post...she will be so moved when she's older and reads this!!

Lacey said...

Great post Alisha. Emarie is awesome!

Camille Hammond said...

Like Stinking Dr. Morelli! She was always #1 on our list of, "if she could see Emily now!" of course, she still probably wouldn't have a clue how amazing our kids are. Can you tell I"m still a bit bitter? I'm glad Emarie is doing great-some of our best smiling pics of Em are of her in her cast!

Camilla said...

Beautifully written and expressed Alicia! Em and those like her, including my Lillian, absolutely are with us to teach us, heal us, and open everyone's eyes to the beauty and absolute glow of their differences. Thank you for writing this!

Bama said...

I'm imagining this with her shaking her head and cute little smile. Its making me smile lol.

planetarypilgrim said...

You made my day with such a joyful filled message! Steve