CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 19, 2010

You be the judge!

Figured it was about time that I gave you all an update on my cutie pie! Although, she has made progress in the last little while, I have still been a bit frustrated. Because, while she was growing and gaining weight like crazy all of a sudden, we seemed to hit a plateau of sorts in cognitive development. And it seems as though it is a pattern for her, but I never really noticed it until recently, since she had never quite had a true growth spurt. That pattern would be, that when she's growing physically, she seems to slow down cognitively. I know doctors are going to disagree with me on this assessment, but the facts don't lie! Don't get me wrong, this child really needed to grow, and I am happy she did, since I can remember that last year at this time, she had been stuck at about 12 pounds for over 9 months! It's just, that she had been doing so well, and really taken off in communication, was even saying sentences. She's still talking, though not as much, and has really not learned any new words in the last 6 months. 

But, I am happy to report progress of all kinds tonight!!! I'm not sure of her exact stats, since we do not have weekly visits from a nurse anymore. That's right, Emarie does not need them anymore!! But, I'm guessing that her weight is in the ball park of between 20 and 25 lbs! Big milestone, so we finally got to turn this kid's carseat around!! She's loving it! Hard one for mommy to do though. I am a real fanatic when it comes to car safety, as any of you who know me, or have been reading my new blog should know. I am also not sure of her length, but the fact that she's fitting into some 24 month clothes, leads me to believe that she's pretty close to where she needs to be! I can say that about 5 months ago, she was still in 3-6 month clothes, so this is HUGE!! I am also happy to report that for the first time EVER, her feet have grown! She is now snug in size 2's!! Way to go for the growing!!

Now, in the last week or so, I'm thinking we're starting to slow down in the growing, and wouldn't you know it, that little brain is taking off again! Now, I'm going to show you a video, but first I'll explain, then the video will make more sense:

If the words "bye-bye" are said, the girl waves. This is also her universal sign for, "I'm ready for a nap or bed" and "let's get out of here!"

She dances on cue, either you tell her to, or she hears music, and the girl has rhythm too!

Say the word "Yea!" and she claps

Ask for a hug, and she instinctively holds her arms out, and if you are close enough (not seen on the video since I shot it by myself) she will wrap her arms around you and either pat your back, or arm, or whatever she can reach. 

I also didn't think to put this in the video, but, she also will play peek-a-boo with whatever resource is available, if you either say "peek-a-boo" or else say, "where's Emarie?"

I have been told on more than one occasion that my child can't hear. I have also been told that she doesn't understand much of what is said to her. Well, you be the judge of that!

                              

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

How dang cute is she!?And so smart, she is doing great Alisha! Wow, and she has gotten a lot bigger since I saw her last. I love this video, thank you for sharing!

Shelby said...

Great update! I'm glad she's growing a bit. I've heard some of the parents of our older kids mention the exact same plateau you're talking about. How very cool is it to go up in sizes!! Yay for Miss Emarie!

Erin said...

Great job Emarie...keep growing and learning and proving everyone who thought you couldn't wrong!!!

Erin said...

so cute! little em can hear for sure! those dang docs, what do they know anyhow:)?! she reminds me so much of morgan mae. morgan was 22 lbs at 2. and loved(well still does) to hang on to any body part & pat too for hugs:) and morgan's fav was "hi's" not "bye's" at that age..that would make her cry. she never wanted anyone to leave:) alisha, she is such a sweet girl! way to go em!

Lacey said...

So cute!

Bama said...

So cute feet are finally growing yay! Ya know what doctors can be a little crazy dawsen still fits into size 18mth, and 24 month but even some of those pants just fall off her!

Snyderemarks said...

Adorable, you're both doing a great job.

Candice said...

Well, obviously she can hear AND understand you. Graham is also in a communication plateau. It's a bummer. He is growing like a weed! We've never had a problem with that as you know. Maybe he needs to quit growing for a minute and learn some words...kidding, kidding.