CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Enough is enough! Of being cooped up in a hospital or home, that is!

I made a decision yesterday, that just because Emarie has had this huge surgery and is now in an almost body cast, that shouldn't force us to not get out and have fun!

This started with going to a birthday party for my friend Holly's little boys' Nicolas and Jackson (they're not twins. Jackson just had his first birthday, and Nicolas will be turning four in a couple of days). And although this did go better than I expected, Em still did not last the whole party before we had to sneak away (lol if you've seen Em, you'd know it's not possible to "sneak" anywhere!). But, still glad we were able to go!

Today was Steve's company barbeque. Well really, Stewart's company barbeque. Em did really well here, and we all, definitely made the most of it!

On the way, can you tell she's happy to be out of the house?! BTW this is her special "spica carseat"

We tried her on the slide
which she rather enjoyed and did not want to stop!


We even found a swing that worked for her ;)

And then daddy took her on the Big Slide! Not the real big one (Stewart's does an inflatable slide every year, Em still has yet to go on that one!)




We sure had fun today!

3 comments:

Lacey said...

I LOVE that video. So funny. I think you laughing makes it even more great. I'm glad you guys were able to get out and have fun!

Adam & Samantha said...

she is such a trooper! A big smile on her face even with casts on her legs. you are such a good mom

Bama said...

Thats so true, I'm happy you are getting out!