Play song, "We are Family" with this post as well
As mentioned in the last post, my brother Curtis came back to Utah a couple weeks ago for the first time in 13 years!! And we hadn't seen each other in that long either (my dad goes out for fairly regular visits, but neither Curt nor I really have the money). Along with him came his two kids (who I met for the first time), Sable (9) and Dorian (7), as well as his girlfriend Lindsey. We packed in as much as we could for the short (felt short anyway) week they were here.
As mentioned in the last post, my brother Curtis came back to Utah a couple weeks ago for the first time in 13 years!! And we hadn't seen each other in that long either (my dad goes out for fairly regular visits, but neither Curt nor I really have the money). Along with him came his two kids (who I met for the first time), Sable (9) and Dorian (7), as well as his girlfriend Lindsey. We packed in as much as we could for the short (felt short anyway) week they were here.
First, as I mentioned (in the last post again), they arrived into town literally right after the wedding, and the plan was to get together the next day, but I just couldn't wait. So the moment the wedding was over, we packed in the car and made our way to Salt Lake to my dad's apartment. Pictures from that night are on the last post again. But we enjoyed a lovely home-cooked (by my dad) italian meal for dinner and just did a bit of catching up. We left around 10 pm seeing as it had been a really long day for us, but made plans to meet at the zoo the next day.
I wish the weather had cooperated, but it wasn't too bad, just cold, but it didn't rain on us until we were getting ready to leave :)
Pictures from the zoo:
Em and Sable in front of a turkey..... why anyone would want to look at a turkey is beyond me!
Yeah, dinosaurs are now at the Hogle Zoo.... weird, but they were cool! Raptors even shot water unexpectedly at the kids ;)
Walking. We do this any chance we get, and Em (to say the least) loves it!
A bit of the crew that came, the "thug" to the left is my brother Taylor, he's in that stage of life ;) (some of you know what I'm talking about I'm sure! Love you though Tay!) and then Sable, Dorian and Curt
Em was really good and wanted to touch everything in the dinosaur house (she's kinda funny about this kind of stuff sometimes), Tay and my dad in the background
Madagascar exhibit. It was really hot and humid in there, hence why Em's glasses are fogged up ;)
Yeah, Steve has been having a lot of fun with photoshop lately ;) to the left is the picture you just saw above, and to the right is a picture taken from our zoo trip over 2 years ago in the same place.... and I know it doesn't look like Em has grown at all, but she has ;) on the left, size 18-24 month clothes, and on the right, strictly newborn and 3-6 month clothes!
The baby elephant with her momma! We didn't get to see her last time we were here because she was still too new.... thought for sure she'd be a lot bigger than this 2 years later, but we lucked out still seeing her as a baby!! Guess I shouldn't be surprised that elephants age slow with their gestation lasting like 42 months!! Poor momma elephants!
Carousel ride..... I think we sat on the giraffe last time too....
Sable was so happy! She is such a sweet girl!
Dorian however, did not like us taking pictures of him and tried to hide most of the time! Still love him though! And by the way, that's Em's blanket he has, he refused to take a coat when they left, and of course got cold since it was only like 40 degrees! He's lucky he has a nice uncle Steve!
Ah-ha, caught ya Dorian!
And Sable in action!
Lindsey, dad and Taylor watching from the sidelines *stole this picture from Curt cause I needed one of Lindsey, hope you don't mind bro!*
Like I said, he doesn't like his picture taken, and this is him yelling at Steve for it ;) One day Dorian, you will thank me for taking pictures :)
Climbing on the rhino
The one and only picture of Steve from that day, since he was the one that mostly had the camera!
Pictures from the bird show
Looks like it was attacking him ;)
The coolest bird of them all, the owl (yeah I like Harry Potter, what of it?!)
The kids playing around, Sable on a dinosaur and Dorian chasing some chickens (Steve was sneaky with this shot, he was pretty far away so Dorian was unaware of his picture being taken... sneaky, very sneaky!)
And last picture of the day, we thought we'd give another try of Em sitting on this gorilla's lap, since she did not care for it the last time. And then had her cousins join in too! We had so much fun!
And I know Em doesn't look too happy, but at least she wasn't screaming her head off!
The next thing we did, was have a fun night at my dad's time-share condo in Midvale. My dad, Taylor, Curt, Lindsey and the kids had already been up there for a couple nights, but invited Steve, Em and I to come up for some pot-roast and games. I declined at first though because we were busy preparing for the next night when we were having everyone (my family) over to see Curtis and everyone. We were making homemade Cafe Rio which requires day and night before preparation. But Steve urged me (just me) to go because I needed to spend as much time as I could with them. Don't I have a sweet husband??! So he took care of the rest of the prep, and I headed up for a really fun night of good food, laughing, talking, reminiscing, and a really fun game- The Great Game of Things *highly recommend. Didn't get any pictures, sorry!
But like I said, we had everyone over to our house the next evening. Again, we didn't get any pictures, so these were graciously sent to me by my wonderful dad! But, it doesn't show everyone that was there, so here's the list in order of appearance:
Karen (my mom)
Dwight (my dad)
Sable (my niece)
Dorian (my nephew)
Curtis (my brother)
Lindsey (his ^ girlfriend)
Taylor (my brother)
Kailah (his ^ girlfriend)
Amy (my aunt)
Jason (my uncle)
Cassidy (my cousin)
Lexi (my cousin) and Johnnie (her husband) and Miles (their son)
And last but not least, Bryan (my brother)
So, we were missing a few that live out of state or were out of town (my grandparents), and then Chase (my cousin) and my other brother, Connor
The night included, great food (props all to Steve for this!! He was amazing that night!), talking/reminiscing, games of all sorts including the Wii and some board games that I bought for Sable and Dorian. Also, much to Curt's dismay, some home videos, his kids and Lindsey loved this though!
Pictures:
Curt, Lindsey, and Steve
Amy, me (rather unattractive of me!) and Curt (cheesin it up!)
Me, Curt and Lindsey
Back of my mom (Karen) and Bryan (my brother)
Steve, Em and me
Em giving me a hug, Curt and Steve
Curt and Bryan
Kailah and Taylor (my little brother and his girlfriend)
This was also my dad's birthday this evening. So happy birthday to Dad/Grandpa/Dwight on June 3rd!
This is where we said goodbye for now, but hopefully it won't be this long again until we see him and the family! I already miss them like CrAzY!!














2 comments:
Wow what a special thing for you guys! I have fond memories of going to Seven Peaks with Curtis as a kid. I'm glad you guys had such a great time but once again I'm sorry I had to miss out!
It's so great that you got to reconnect with family like that. Great post!!
Post a Comment