CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Oh Rapunzel, how we love thee for the connections my girl has made!!

*Play song, "Something That I Want" with this post




It's really no secret that Emarie is in love with the Tangled movie... or anything Rapunzel really! So I thought I'd put together a little post of all the CrAzY love for Rapunzel going on in this household.

 I guess I would say that this is where the obsession began! Tangled was the first movie we ever took Em to see in the theater... and she loved it!
And yes we are sporting matching headbands, and yes we think it's cool! (A student of mine, her mother made them for us, and I LOVE them!)


So, it was only appropriate that Em should get this "epic moment" movie when it came out on video.... and she did, in her Easter basket


And the first of many times she watched it at home


I'll kid you not, after that Easter, the kid watched the movie no less than 2 times a day! And once summer started, it was more like 5 times a day!

And then she got the pillow
Laying on her pillow while watching..... Toy Story 2 actually ;) (yes she will branch out once and awhile)

And then I searched and searched for a Rapunzel soft doll (it had to be the soft one because I knew we wouldn't be able to get away from her wanting to take it to bed), with no luck! They were sold out nation-wide.... and I really wanted her to have it before her surgery. So I checked online everyday, and called our local Disney Store every Thursday (because that's when they got new shipments in), and finally they had it online 2 days before her surgery! Too bad quick shipping more than doubled the price, so we opted for regular shipping, and it got here a few days after she got home from the hospital.



 Oooo, what is it?!

 Not sure yet.....
 And then at last, pure love


First night sleeping with her new favorite doll! She doesn't look excited at all, does she?!

 A few from our amateur photo shoot of Em with her doll (editing done by Steve, pictures taken by Alisha)
Loved how in this one she was looking at Rapunzel with so much love!

Happy, happy girl!


A fellow Chromosome 18 family (the Zyducks) sent us this


Yes that is a Disney Store exclusive, Rapunzel nightgown :) SOo adorable!!

So, we have been having way too much fun with this from most perspectives! But, I have to disagree! You see, connections are so important in development, and they're probably something most parents of typical children take for granted. Most parents can probably relate to their child going through a period of having to watch the same thing over and over, and probably complained. But what they don't understand is where that connection is coming from and how vital it really is. Something I wasn't sure would ever come for my girl. So I am thrilled for her. She recognizes Rapunzel everywhere we go (which is why she has the pillow ;) And you have no idea how proud I am that she does!

 Em with all of her Rapunzel treasures watching what else but Tangled!

Our best attempt at a "Rapunzel do" ;)

We're also expanding our obsession to include the Toy Story's, and daddy and I are trying to get as many Disney/Pixar connections we can for our soon to be long drive to Indianapolis! 

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Those pictures are darling!!

Lacey said...

So adorable. I'm so glad you all get to experience this! I have to say, at least it's Rapunzel and not George of the Jungle! I would have much preferred that with Dakota.

K Rawley said...

Seeing her make that connection is wonderful-and adorable! Much like Ethan and his Taylor Swift! He hears one of her songs and looks around for the CD player, I like to think he's looking around for HER, and he smiles and smiles and calms once he hears her. I love him associating her music with calm and happiness!
Love all the sweet pics!!

Bama said...

Gotta agree with Lacey. But the dakota one that drove me insane after awhile would have been Lion King!! Alisha you are amazing and ALWAYS remind me off the little blessings I forget. Like knowing every fairy and their job in Tinkerbell, or figuring out when is so AMAZING about hole in the wall. Two things my kids LOVE!!! You are an amazing mom with a beautiful little lady and I am so happy for you that she is making the connections!!!