CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Saying goodbye to Macy :'(

Play song, "It's so Hard to Say Goodbye" with this post

This past weekend we drove the short 3 hour trip to Preston, Idaho (yes the home of Napoleon Dynamite), to say goodbye to our sweet dog for the past four years, Macy.

We hated to do it, but with the fate of where we're going to live hanging in the balance, and doubtfulness that we'll be able to find a place for rent that will allow pets.... let alone 55+ pound pets, it was for the best. And really, she is going to a good home.

It was a few weeks ago that I posted on Facebook that we needed to find a place for her, and I did get responses, just they were either too far away, or not serious enough. We really wanted her to go to someone we knew.... someone we knew would take care of her. But it wasn't happening, and we really needed to get her taken care of before Em's pending surgery (Friday) and our trip to the Chromosome 18 conference in a few weeks. So, we were going to post her on KSL (Utah's free online classified site), which we really didn't want to do, which is why it had been procrastinated. And I'm sure glad it was, because it wasn't a mere few days later that Steve's cousin's wife asked if we still had her. They wanted her. 

 Leah and her mom Sam came to get Macy

 These two will really miss each other. Em already does, and has been looking for Macy when we leave through the garage (we use to always say goodbye to Macy when we did this). We are making a vow to go visit her a lot!

 Leah checking out Macy's crate (she was really excited)

 Leah doesn't look too sure here, but I'm told she's rather enjoying her new dog

You have been a good dog Macy (really the best we've had, and we've had 3!), and we will really miss you. But we know you're going to enjoy life much more chasing around five kids, 2 other dogs, countless goats and horses on a farm. We love you!

*It has been decided, that even though we try (well really me), and we really want to be (again more me), we just aren't "dog people" (Steve's with me here though)*

After that, we just enjoyed the company of Steve's grandparents (his mom's parents). And really, this is where I'm leading into the first of my Father's Day posts this year.

Steve's grandfather is one of the most patient, kind, and selfless men I have ever met. You see, Steve's grandmother has been having a hard time remembering things lately and sometimes asks the same questions a lot. Not once during our stay did he ever seem annoyed, aggravated, or inpatient. In fact, each time she would ask that same question, he would answer her as if it was the first time. And even though he didn't feel very well during our stay, he was always the first to help his wife with getting a meal on the table, or anything at all really. I reflected this all back to Steve on our way home, and he just shrugged and said, "That's just how he is.... it's how he's always been". I know that Steve sees it as special though as well. You can just see and know how much that man loves his wife. It is powerful, and I am so honored that I have gotten to know him. And I know that Steve has inherited a lot of those qualities, and I am honored to be part of his family.

I am also grateful that Em is getting to spend time with her great-grandparents

 Great-grandpa Hunt



 Great-grandma Hunt


We're also glad Em gets to know their chickens ;)
 Em and I checking out the new baby chickens

Isn't this picture just worth a thousand words?!

And on a side note, I am really trying to get whatever it is I screwed up fixed, so that people may post comments on my blog posts! More than a few have expressed that they've been having problems, but I'm really trying to get it working, because I really miss the comments! But I may have found my key... random posts, rants and now historical site pictures are what's peaking the most comments, so there may be more of that to come.... haha, just kidding!

5 comments:

Lacey said...

Are you trying to tell me you took Macy to the 'FARM'? I think I've heard that story before...Hehe.
I'm sad to see her go, but so happy to see her with a good family and lots of running and playing room.

Steve's grandpa is so dang cute!!!

Comments have been working so far this morning-Yay!

Kristal said...

Wonderful post Alisha! I agree about Grandpa. He is one very special guy!!

Gabi said...

So sorry about your puppy. :( Good thing it's at a good home. One less thing to worry about. Good luck on friday! My lucky number is 13. :) Let us know how it goes. :)

Candice said...

The commenting is working for me now.

Steve's grandpa sounds amazing. What a wonderful tribute to him!!

Allison said...

We've tried the dog thing a few times and have said we're not dog people, but I think it's more we just don't have them time/energy for them.