CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 24, 2009

Trip to the Hogle Zoo

So, we decided to go to the zoo on a day that wouldn't be so hot. It did rain the whole drive up, but fortunately (I guess) we were stuck in construction traffic (3 left lanes closed) that made it so we bypassed the rain completely. However, we did not expect it to be so COLD when we got there, but luckily it did warm up half way through! 

We knew there were a lot of new babies there, but we didn't imagine how cute they would be! Unfortunately, we couldn't see the baby elephant cause it was too young. But, we did see a baby giraffe, a baby orangutan, a baby snow leopard, and the baby meerkats (Emarie's favorite! No pics of that, but we do have video, I'll post later). So, enjoy the pictures from our fun trip to the zoo!              Okay, let's go already!!


Emarie and Daddy in Madagascar exhibit



     Mommy and Em in Madagascar



Did I mention it was COLD at the start of the day!



              OOOH Cool! A Sloth!


Here's a Madagascar tortoise that Em didn't want to touch!


Em, Daddy and some Zebras!


Lots of babies at the zoo! Here's the baby Orangutan

      And the baby Giraffe, sooo cute!


Mommy and Em on the carousel, Em wasn't so sure at first.......


       But ended up really liking it!


We had to try out the Giraffe too!


I sat her in the Gorilla's lap and she did not care for it!


The bird show, which I did not care for! But Em and Steve sure liked it!


  We sure wore her out by the end of the day! She slept the whole way home!

2 comments:

Lacey said...

So cute. I want to go up and see the babies!

Jenny H said...

How fun! Those pictures are adorable. Em is getting so big!