Play song, "Kind and Generous" with this post
Just thought I'd do a quick little post to honor all the father's that have blessed mine and my family's life.
Just thought I'd do a quick little post to honor all the father's that have blessed mine and my family's life.
We'll start with my father, Dwight Christie- What I love and appreciate about my dad, is his respectful nature and easy-going attitude. Thanks for being part of my existence and finally coming to the conclusion that I was your perfect child ;) Helps that I'm your only girl!
Now, my step-father, Mitchell Wilde- What I love and appreciate about my other dad, is his sense of humor, really his ability to make a joke out of almost any situation. Also, he treated me as his own even though he didn't have to, and now does the same for my daughter, his granddaughter.
My grandpa Andrews (my mom's dad), Donald Andrews- I have some very fond childhood memories that include you. Thank you for being such a fun grandpa, reading the "Slug Book", being the cameraman for us to make up stories and silly antics. Also, for inspiring me to live a little healthier because I'm a little afraid that my grandpa may outlive me with his fit physique and disciplined diet ;)
My grandpa Christie (my dad's dad)- I didn't know you the best, though I really wish I had known you better. But from what I hear, and what I know of the man you raised as my dad, I know you must have been pretty incredible. See you someday on the other side :)
My grandpa Wilde (my step-father's dad), Robert Wilde- You've taught me that "true blue" is really the only way to be. That camping and fishing are standard ways of life, as well as golf (but not really my cup of tea). You also excepted me into your family without a second thought, and I am proud to be a part of the family that you raised.
To my father-in-law, Stan Peters- Obviously the thing I am most grateful for from you, is your son. You may have been tough on him, but I know it was good. It taught him patience, respect and responsibility. Thank you. You are a good father and grandfather.
Steve's grandfather (his mom's dad), Richard Hunt- I did a tribute to this most amazing man on my last post.
Steve's other grandfather (his dad's dad), Leroy Peters, or "Grandpa Pete"- I've only met you a few times (he owns a trucking company based in Mexico), but you're always fun and generous around your family. Thanks for your posterity!
Happy Father's day to you all! Thank you for what you've done, continue to do and for what you mean to us! We love you!!
Steve, Alisha and Emarie
P.S. I know you all think I left someone out, but the most important father to me will be receiving his very own post just for him tomorrow :)
P.S. I know you all think I left someone out, but the most important father to me will be receiving his very own post just for him tomorrow :)




2 comments:
I love this post. It has inspired me. Father's day has never really been anything to me, but maybe I'll have to dig deep and explore this... I'm so happy that you have had great men and fatherly examples!
I of course know Mitch the most and miss him! He was a great dad for me to be around too.
Very sweet post Alisha!
Post a Comment