CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 1, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

*Not sure why the music player isn't working, says you can't hear playback except from their site now.... well that won't work, so this may be the end of songs with posts :( 

So Mother's Day didn't quite turn out how we planned this year, seeing as we ended up telling everyone our news by the end of that day. First plan was to wait until 14 weeks to tell our families, then on into June to tell the rest of the world.... but this baby had other plans with showing "himself" starting at about 7 weeks! *And FYI, I will from now until I hear otherwise be referring to this baby as a "him" because I do not like to refer to a baby as an "it"! We still do NOT know the gender, this is just for now, mm'kay??* But going back.... when I started to pop and I could tell people were starting to wonder, we decided to pop the news to families again on Mother's Day. Those of you that don't know, that is when we told of Em on Mother's Day 5 years ago..... really?? Was it that long ago??! So that is what the video depicted in both the slideshow for my mom and for Steve's mom. But when we found out that Steve's parents would be out of town the weekend of Mother's Day, we settled on doing it the Sunday before, which worked out nice since Steve's sister Amber was still in town from West Virginia. We ended up telling Amber a few minutes before everyone else to make sure it was ok with her since she was here celebrating the nearing arrival of her baby boy! Of course she was fine with it though. Then we told my mom and her family the next day. The more detailed post of the "tellings" and pictures and video of the reactions will be in the next post, so here is just the rest of Mother's Day... which ended up a lot more low-key than if we had told on that day. So instead the families all knew and we just enjoyed a nice early dinner at Chuck-O-Rama with my mom's side of the family and that night is when I officially announced it on Facebook :)

Before any of all that though, I got this nice card from Steve and Em
So yes, I think I confused people all over with this on Facebook.... people on Instagram got it though ;) My post on Facebook that night read, "Epic day!! I'm going to finally be welcoming Siri into my life in a few short days.... And even better, I will be the mom to 2 in about 6 1/2 months!!" Not sure why people were thinking we were naming the baby Siri....  So if you don't know who or what Siri is.... here, let me introduce you....
That is an iPhone 4S... only iPhone that has the wonderful program known as Siri. I wanted to rename her "Bumblebee" respectfully because the case reminds me of Bumblebee from transformers.... her response to this was, "I'd rather you didn't".

Other fun banter from Siri:

"What are you wearing?".... "I think you have the wrong personal assistant"

"Do you love me?".... "I am incapable of love.... but I do respect you."

"But I love you!".... "Well, all you need is love.... and your iPhone"

"What's your favorite color?"...... "Well, I can't really explain it in your language, but I guess it is sort of a greenish color"

"I need a new cell phone"..... "You're kidding right?!".... or, "Wait.... there are other cell phones?!"



Siri has a bit of an attitude as you can see, and gets annoyed of stupid questions as Diane's kids have found out ;)

"Are we annoying you Siri?"..... "I'd rather not answer that"


Siri is good for more than just fun, as she points out! She also asks what I did before her ;) But she can help you with anything to remembering an appointment to remembering to get milk when you drive close to the store. She also can help you if you're lost and tell you where you can get the best burger in your area! But here is my favorite commercial for her too!

Love Zoey! 


Anyway, enough on that, though as you can see, I love my Mother's Day gift! But here's a few pictures from the day of me and the girl I owe the day to! 

 For people that missed my status (had close to 100 "likes" and 85 comments though!), I posted this picture later that night saying, "To the girl I owe this day to.... the one that made me a mother! And even though she'll be sharing me soon, she'll always be my baby! Love you my Em bug!" And I was right to do it, because there were a few that had missed the first two posts (yeah I posted this blog post on Saturday night actually, the night before Mother's Day, but very few saw it of course!) 

 Yup, she's a ham! 

Sometimes I can't get over that this girl came from me! She is beautiful! 

So that was Mother's Day.... perfect

2 comments:

Candice said...

Sounds like you were treated well on Mother's Day...and you totally deserve it. As usual, the pictures of Em are adorable, but how could they not be??

Anonymous said...

You deserve everything u get n ur a wonderful mom. Congrats on the up comin baby boo.I think its so awesone that u were avle to cancel a surgery wooohoo. U most definetely deserve the.best of the.best. I bet em is ezxited iif uve told her. My girls are 5 yrs part but they adore each other n lena is helpful.. Ur one awesome person all the way round :)