* I racked my brains and searched forever to find a song to go with this post with no luck!
Fall always has been, and always will be my favorite time of year! So, I'm usually good on celebrating it.
Fall always has been, and always will be my favorite time of year! So, I'm usually good on celebrating it.
First was Em's first school field trip to PumpkinLand, and boy did she have a blast! A lot of kids were missing that day, so it ended up being her and two other girls and five adults for her class! Lot's of one on one attention :)
Since I had gone earlier with the morning class and rode the bus, another fellow teacher and I thought to ask the bus driver if he minded if Em rode as long as I came along... (district policy is that kids that can't independently walk can only ride the bus with a wheelchair or other transit approved device... insurance has now denied us twice for a special needs stroller). He didn't see any reason why not, so sweet girl got to ride along with her friends :)
Em and her teacher Ms. Jamie
All three girls that made the trip from her class :) that's A and B, and by the way B is quite amazing! Never seen another kid with a trachea quite like her!
And that's Steve pushing Em (he joined us for the first part)
Awww, aren't they cute??
Looks completely unimpressed ;)
Love her!
Picture with daddy before he had to head back to work
This goat kept chewing on Em's boot and she had the look on her face like, "why are you letting him do this to me??" As I was trying to get a picture, another one bit my side... all that and the smell, makes me grateful that we only go once a year!
Light Alley
Love this picture!
Em's PT Angeleen helping her go down the slide
And her favorite, the swings
That ended the field trip, but we got to go to another pumpkin patch the following week. One that was right near our new place, that had a sign up saying that they were going to offer free hayrides and hot chocolate... couldn't pass that up now could we ;)
On the hayride
Em thought all the bumping around was hilarious!
We thought this was pretty funny...
Yes that is a very large, escaped pig... that our driver is desperately trying to corral back to her pin!
She was very accomplished at evading capture ;)
My favorite part was when he kept exclaiming that he didn't have any idea how she got out!! Well, when I saw the little metal crate that was blocking the door, it was easy to see how this pig that was easily 300+ pounds could get out ;)
Picking the perfect pumpkin takes a lot of concentration
Loves her Halloween songs, just like her momma!
She's so good at the actions!
P.S. Miss Em is standing on her own for this shot :D
We had so much fun! Thanks to a nice farmer and his family who really just wanted to give families a fun night without caring if they made money! We walked away only spending $5 on the 3 pumpkins we took home :) Made our week!
And I wanted to do something different with the pumpkins this year since we won't really be able to show them off with where our front door is. Plus, I really didn't feel like spending hours.. possibly days on carving them all (since I'm the only one who does)! So I set out to find an alternative, and I'm pretty happy with the outcome.
First we painted them
Em, was excited for all about 2 minutes! But, she had fun the next day...
Examining which parts go where
So proud!
And the finished products





2 comments:
I didn't realize you decorated those pumpkins yourself. When you posted on fb, I thought you bought them from Hobby Lobby like that. By the way I love that store. It is a compliment to you that I thought you bought them like that. Graet job!
I'm glad you've had a good fall so far! Looks like fun.
Post a Comment