CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Back to School

*Play song, "Beautiful Life" with this post

This post is WAY overdue and I apologize for that! But, I don't feel too badly, since I'm usually pretty on-top of my blog (considering).... So, I guess I take my apology back ;)

Emarie started school the day after Labor Day and has been loving every second since! With all the changes going on- moving homes, and then her school being in a brand new building with a lot of new faces, I was really afraid she might regress since it took her so long to open up! So, even though I really would have like Emarie to experience some new teachers since I know and love them all and they her.... but we figured it would be best to keep her teacher the same as last year, especially when I found out that a lot the same little kids were going to be in there too!

So here's just a few pictures of her first week!

First day

 Sad that I couldn't have a shot like everyone else in front of the door... but we did the next best thing, the stairs that lead down to our door (hadn't found her backpack yet from the move, but the Ch18 bag from the conference worked nicely for the first day)


Daddy met us there

 Here's Em and one of her best friend's from last year (couldn't get either of them to look at me though)

"Ok, mom and dad... you can go already! I'm just fine!"

Needed a picture with mommy first though!

Second day

The shot I wanted to get the first day... but proved impossible when I saw the mob crowd in front of the building and we were even 20 minutes early! And finally had her backpack :)

Here's Em in my favorite outfit we got her for back to school! And yes, she is happy as can be at school, it is just hard to get her to smile for the camera these days :P

Oh I love this little friend of Emarie's!! She is the sweetest little thing (Em's first pair of glasses were exactly like A's, and just for the record she is younger than Em... just goes to show you that she is still small for her age even though she's come a LONG way!)

And cruisin like a big girl in her walker in the gym! Go chica go! Have to actually tell the other kids to get out of her way so she wouldn't run them over ;)

So, there you have it! I love Em's teachers, and just an example of why I love them was in this post! And they've already said that Em is doing more in the first few weeks than she was in the last few weeks last year! She has them laughing every single day, they are helping her so much and catering to my every crazy request and even put up with me hanging around almost as much as I did when I was teaching in the classroom next door!

And yeah, she's not coming away without battle scars, but I don't want her anywhere else!

Here's to hoping the rest of the year is as great as the first month has been! And there will be a new post very soon about her first field trip to Pumpkinland!

1 comment:

Bama said...

Oh she looks like she is having so much fun at school! What a doll!!