CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, November 4, 2011

Birthday Trip!

*Play song, 'Stars and Boulevards' with this post

Steve yet again did not fail to impress for my birthday! Just like last year, he took me to one of my favorite places, Steamboat Springs Colorado... but this time we stayed in the cutest little place- a bunker house on a ranch, so secluded and quiet.... at night it was pitch black and all we could see, as we relaxed in our own private hot tub, was the sky..... and you know, you can't really appreciate the beauty of the universe until you are in a place that is dark enough to see every star in the sky.

It was perfection at it's best. 

But true to form, Em did what she does best on a trip and that was get sick and vomit non-stop. But, we've learned our lesson from so many past experiences, so we were overly prepared and didn't let anything stop us (neither did Emarie) from having the fun that we all needed!

First, we had a quick stop off at the Dinosaur Museum in Vernal- also a place that holds a lot of memories for me. 

 Fossil Find

 See Emarie's look of "YIKES!" 

 And yeah, I know this one has way too much lens flair, but I thought we had to document the fact that she did not like being so close to this thing! She would not tear her eyes away from it, and can't say I blame her (didn't realize they were so big!), and I loved Steve's comment when we saw it, "bet those things stunk...... a lot!"   I'm sure they did.... I'm sure they did.


 She was starting to realize at this point that nothing was real..... or at least not alive!

 Just love the look on her face here!

 "Ok guys, that's enough!' (FYI, I think she's never looked more like me in these couple of pictures!)
 "Uhhh, what's that in the water?? Looks like it could swallow me whole!"


"Wow!"

Several hours later, a look at our bunker house

 Yeah, she loved it here! 






Too cute, am I right?!

I got to enjoy hot breakfast every morning!


And Em (when not feeling the best) enjoying her iPhone *post to come on this iPhone very soon!

Yeah, we were pretty lucky!

The view

I know it doesn't look like it, but Em did enjoy the hot tub! And don't worry, we turned it down!

Steve wanted to play photographer this weekend.... actually it was a compromise for the boots I wanted to buy myself (since I've never spent that much on a pair of shoes since we've been married!), so I allowed him to take a few pictures of me in my boots and he of course went a little overboard... but I promised I'd post a few as long as I could pick them (he chose the ones he posted on facebook)


 I do love these boots!

 These do remind me though, that I still need to loose some pounds!

The ranch had several dogs about the property and they were so fun (except when they tried to jump in the hot tub!), so of course this one had to come by when we were outside :)

What would a good photo shoot be without the cutest girl in the world though??



We also went back to the same Smoke House we went to last year.

It was a bit cold that night!

 She was fascinated with her mittens.... which I'm glad! I was afraid she'd pull them off!

 The pig outside the smoke house

 Was using the little camera while we were in town, so pictures aren't as great... this one being too dark, but I love the smile on her face anyway!





And before we left the next day, we got a few more pictures of the cutest girl in the world!



 Oh man has she gotten expressive!

Ok, now behind the scenes, in order to get her to smile I had one of her favorite things in the world...... did you guess it??

And true to fashion, I had to let her hold her beloved Rapunzel for a few!


 Ok, this one was just too funny, because it looks like she is trying to eat that weed that's in front of her from the picture standpoint, when in reality it was quite a ways in front of her, so I'm not sure what she was doing!

Like I said, the girl's got some expression!



 Bye, bye Colorado! See you again next year!


And hello again to Utah!


Yup, husband did good!

2 comments:

Lacey said...

I loved this post! Steve always does such a great job. He needs to talk with Tyler!

I do have to say that guys are so hilarious, yet predictable. Of course the first thing they think of when they see a Mammoth is the smell.

Love the boots too. I got new boots boots!

eric + ashlee said...

Looks like a fun trip. I can't believe how much Emarie has grown since we left. We sure are missing out!