Play song, "And Then You" with this post
First, thought I'd post a little timeline.
I wanted to do this for Valentine's day, but our home computer has been on the fritz and unfortunately has all of our pictures from Steve and my life together. We do have everything backed up on external hard drives, but unfortunately my MacBook can't read them.
But I do have an Easter picture from each of Emarie's Easters on here, so I can do it for Easter which I'm excited about, because you can really see how much she's changed!
Easter 2008, about 3 1/2 months old (First Easter) *Newborn dress*
Easter 2009, 15 months old (Second Easter) *9 Month dress*
Easter 2010, 2 years and some change (Third Easter) *18 Month Dress*
And this year's Easter 2011, 3 years and 4 months (Fourth Easter) *3T Dress!! (and my favorite!)* (18 month shoes though, that were HUGE! And a 9 month sweater, but we're still making progress!)
FYI, this was our amateur Easter photo shoot on Friday (if you're not on FB, you can see the rest of the photos here)
This one so reminds me of my sister...
probably because of this picture
Can't quite put my finger on why they are so alike to me... but best I can describe is the expressions on both their faces and excitement written all over as well... not to mention the fact that they're both Easter pictures of adorable girls :) I'm so grateful for what this holiday represents and the sacrifice of our Saviour means that we will all be together again.
But here's a few highlights from the actual Easter Sunday *At Home*
Uhm yeah, not much to say about this look, except that it's awesome! It's her "dirty look" before she gives her cheesy smile... we've been trying to catch it forever *success* And the hair... well all those of you that are after me for always having her hair perfect, this is why that has to be *nuff said*
Flower headband
Hugging her new "Sing-A-Majig" She now has 2!
Snuggled on the couch to watch Tangled (the best present! Way to go Easter bunny!) with daddy :)
And what do you know, I guess last Easter wasn't her last set of pictures on this staircase ;)
This has become a new signature "Em look"... it's almost like she's saying "wasn't me"
My beautiful Easter flower with all her loot. She got 5 books (2 of them Easter ones, all were a steal at not more than $6 a piece!), a light up toy, a "Sing-A-Majig", Tangled, and her only form of candy- a giant marshmallow sucker (one of the only things "safe" for her to eat in the candy world, which she has yet to even make a dent in! And the lamb was her present from Grandma Peters (Steve's mom). And she also got a great bubble set and stuffed bunny from Grandma Karen (my mom).
All in all, some would say she was spoiled, but I don't give a hoot, because she darn well deserved every bit of it. And this has been the first holiday that she has really made connections with, can't explain it to those that don't really understand, but those that do, you know how amazing, and priceless, and heartwarming.... and really I could go on and on... but this next picture says it all
*At Grandfolk Andrews*
Normally, probably wouldn't post a picture like this of myself... but it really is the best at showing the pure blissful joy I felt in that moment as I saw Emarie make an Easter connection, or more simply and beautifully put... She. Got. It. Tears of proud mamma joy welled up in my eyes as I watched her find that egg first with her eyes, then pick it up, then (here's the amazing part) proceed to pat down with her sweet little hand every inch of that garden around the egg to make sure she got all that was there.
Can't describe how all the memories from last 2 weeks just washed away for a moment when she became just an excited little girl on an egg hunt. This girl is going places. She is amounting to way more than she has been given credit for. She is unbelievable. Always. She will always be pushing the bounds, always be surprising us with yet another miraculous recovery, then the very next week be shattering her boundaries that were once set before her. I am proud to call her just my girl. Everyday. So proud. Everyone may not "get" why I'm so excited over this, but you don't have to. Because all that matters is that her mom "gets" it, and knows what she's capable of, and also knows, that she will most likely even exceed that. She is so close to crawling. She is making humongous strides in the world of walking. She is pure, amazement.
A few more highlights from the Andrews' bunch
Blowing bubbles with uncle Bryan (my brother) and Miles (my cousin Lexi's boy)
Love the "stern look" from Em here... guess she knows those are her bubbles ;)
First egg found!
Hands are full, what more do you need??
Oh, now we have a basket, so lets get more!
As I said, she checked that flower bed thoroughly!
Love this look from Miles, as if he's thinking, "look how many eggs I have" He did get a lot after all, since Em only picked up 5 (she really didn't even need that many!)
Both these pictures have their hands blurry because they're doing what's only natural when you find an egg...... SHAKE IT!
Sitting pretty. Thought for sure with Easter as late as it was this year would find us with warmer weather
And that's a wrap! *Best Easter ever!*






6 comments:
know EXACTLY what you mean:). it's so nice to have your sweet little one understand....to watch their little minds spin & get what's going on:). and it's so amazing to watch them surpass what so many told you her life would be like. it's also so much more humbling & awesome to see them accomplishing so many things after so many of the trials they face. way to go emarie! so glad you guys have such a wonderful easter. love from the herrings:).
Beautiful post Alisha!!
She gets cuter every year. Happy Easter!! Graham also loved the egg hunt this year. :)
I can't believe how much she changes from year to year! That first picture of her in the morning getting her Easter basket is hiLARious! I wish we could've brought Lily to hang out with all the great-grandkids. Dang.
Love the post! Glad you had such a wonderful Easter together.
Loved hearing about 'the moment'. Those are so few and far between for our kiddos, you will cherish it forever! Sounds like an egg-stra special Easter at your house!
Post a Comment