Play song, "Just the Way You Are" with this post
Days like this are so precious, so necessary. That is, the moments when we special needs moms get to see our kids doing things that all kids do.
Days like this are so precious, so necessary. That is, the moments when we special needs moms get to see our kids doing things that all kids do.
I live for this. The moments that she's not in the hospital. Not at some kind of appointment, whether it be a doctor or a clinic, or a therapy appointment. She is just being a kid. And a damn good one at that.
I'll even take the temper tantrums and the melt-downs, because you know what? She's getting set off by things that all kids get set off by. Like leaving the park. And getting out of her wagon. And being taken out of her new walker (you know, the thing that gives her independence).
She's swinging in swings
And sliding down slides
and yes....
She's walking!
She may not being doing this like your everyday kid, but she doesn't know that... and you know what? I hope she never will!
She is doing so many things that many thought weren't possible for her, and I love her guts for that.
And in this moment, I am a proud mommy and nothing, not my problems at work, or the pending doom of our house, or the medical problems, or anything else...
I repeat, nothing will steal focus from that.




5 comments:
Oh I love these, especially the walker! Alex got his gait trainer in the fall and he loves it. He'll crawl right up on it in the living room when he wants to go out. You'll have to make sure to get some video of Em to go along with these lovely pics! : )
I love the walker pics too. Yay Emarie!! Can't wait to see her moves in a few months!
Such sweet pictures! I love the ones on the swings. (By the way, you are a great photographer too!)
Oh, thanks Melissa for reminding me! All photos on this post were taken by Steve (Emarie's daddy!)
Loved the walker pics. Made my eyes water.
Post a Comment