*Play song, "Say Hello Wave Goodbye" with this post (sorry long version of this song, but only one they had!)
As mentioned, we had a lot of family come in the first weekend in May. Steve's little sister Amber came in that Thursday (the night we had the disastrous sleep study) from her current home in West Virginia, which was very exciting since we finally got to see her pregnant (she was just over 20 weeks and we hadn't even seen any pictures of her!), and she found out the day before she came that she was having a boy, so naturally we threw her a shower while she was here! That was on Saturday (and I borrowed these pictures from my sis-in-law Kristal since I failed to remember my camera!)
As mentioned, we had a lot of family come in the first weekend in May. Steve's little sister Amber came in that Thursday (the night we had the disastrous sleep study) from her current home in West Virginia, which was very exciting since we finally got to see her pregnant (she was just over 20 weeks and we hadn't even seen any pictures of her!), and she found out the day before she came that she was having a boy, so naturally we threw her a shower while she was here! That was on Saturday (and I borrowed these pictures from my sis-in-law Kristal since I failed to remember my camera!)
We thought this was such a cute idea! An umbrella with a bunch of money and then this little note :) This was Debbie's sister Angie's creativity.
Grandpa and Grandma Hunt (Debbie's parents) and Grandma Jan Peters (Stan's mom)
Steve's cousin Kylie (Angie's daughter), Cindy (Stan's sister) and her daughter Annie
My wonderful mother-in-law Debbie and sister-in-law Crystal
The grandparent Hunts, Kylie and her daughter Alexandria, Ricton, Angie and Amber
The Hunts again with Kristal and her girls Ariana and Isabel
Thought I should include this one of me since I was trying so hard that day to cover my baby bump (note the arms)! With Karissa (Steve's cousin, Kelly's wife), Amber's best friend Amy and her sister and niece
We are so happy for Amber and glad she was able to take a whole extra suitcase full of baby stuff back home with her!
After the shower we headed to my grandparents to see my family that was in town from Virginia and Oklahoma. My uncle David, his wife Tresha, and their son Jared were here from Virginia. Their daughter, Ashlee and her 2 kids Lily and Finn were also here from Virginia and then their daughter, Melissa and her son Cooper were here from Oklahoma. It was a brief visit for them, but I'm so glad I got to see them! Especially since this was my first time meeting Cooper!
Steve took some pictures for Melissa and Cooper.... we had originally planned on family pictures for them, but her husband Jay had to stay back and work and couldn't make it. Hopefully we'll be able to get some of all of them in the near future. Here's just a few of those...
Isn't my cousin gorgeous?? And her boy ain't too bad either! Melissa and I are only 6 days apart! One of the cousins I have very fun memories with!
Steve did an excellent job with these pictures and we hear a lot that he should go into professionally... but we're still uncomfortable charging for it, so we're putting it out there that we will take pictures for anyone who has medical expenses and can't afford family photos :) And of course family is included in that too! So if you want us to practice on you, just let us know!
Here's a few of Em and Cooper playing together
I just love this one, Cooper had just taken Em's iPhone and she is looking at me as if to ask, "what do I do??"
Amazingly, Cooper was born early at only 3 lbs! And look at him now, not quite 2 and nearly the size of Em at 4 1/2!
It was a blast seeing everyone.... and exhausting! And thanks to Tresha, one of the reasons I ended up telling my mom's side of the family a little early about our news, because she kept staring at my stomach and I could tell she knew! Same thing with Amber, and both of these ladies asked other members if they knew if I was pregnant.... I was worried that Tresha would eventually ask my mom or grandma, so we told everyone while they were there (nearly a week before we wanted to!). Tresha just asked her daughters who of course didn't know, and Amber asked her sister Kristal who again didn't know. I think it was a lot harder for those who see me a lot to tell since it was a gradual thing.... but those that hadn't seen me in awhile started to suspect right away (which is what I was afraid of!).
Anyway, there will still be more about the pregnancy since I'm sure that's what you all want! Who knew that all I had to do to get more views and comments on my blog was to have a baby ;) Over 400 views on my pregnancy FAQ (most yet I believe!).... so yes, that will be coming! But next two posts will still be catch-up, Deak's Run for Hope and Mother's Day :) But after that I will have a post dedicated to how we told and all the reactions... you won't want to miss it! So stay tuned!












5 comments:
LOVE the Bokeh picture. Very great picture. Much talent is there.
I LOVE Emarie's dress in this post! Seriously, if this baby is a boy, I want Emarie's hand-me-downs. I will pay! :)
Candice- I forgot to mention this in the post, but that is a one of a kind made by grandma dress! She made her a bunch of them this summer :) I can ask if she can make one for Macy :)
Well it was fun seeing you guys, wish it could've been longer! And congratulations again! I am so excited for you guys!!
Well I hadn't seen you in awhile and I didn't suspect anything! Wish we could have been there to hear the news, but we are excited for you just the same! Thanks again for fitting us in on your busy weekend!
Post a Comment