CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Random!

*Play song, "My Favorite Things" with this post

This post is a bunch of random things that I needed to fit somewhere. 

So just know, that they don't really correlate, but they're all worthwhile to be on the blog!

First up, I would like to introduce the new shirt design for this year's annual Chromosome 18 Conference

Recognize the four-eyed, pigtailed little character to the far left?? Yes, she was inspired by none other than our own Emarie! This shirt design was created by the talented Sarah Hunt, who's little sister Becky has 18p- (meaning the short arm is where her deletion occurs, rather than the long arm like Em). This family is very talented too, because Becky is a published author! She wrote a book on how bullying affects people, and Sarah illustrated it (we bought a copy for Em at the Vegas conference). We'll be purchasing 3 shirts, and if you want one click here (well not yet, but soon, and this is where you'll go to do that!).

So proud to announce that one of my life-long Besties and her husband
 Ty & Lace *cute couple*

Are having one of these!
And yes that's an official picture of their fetus (gender yet to be determined). Just so happy for them both! They're going to make amazing parents!

If you haven't seen this trailer yet, then you're really missing out!
*warning* explicit word used once (and as tastefully as possible, if I might add!)
And FYI, this movie is still in pre-production because it's in need of funds. You may donate on the site linked below, and thank you!

Em's birth story was also featured on the official site for I am Beauty, click here to see it.

We also celebrated Steve's birthday this past week, and out of respect for him, I won't say what birthday it was ;)

 Giving daddy her card (she was so proud!)

the card we wrote and she signed


 Opening presents (two shirts, but we're also going to go see Matt Kearney and Owl City as part of his present.. tickets go on sale today!)

Em also got daddy his favorite candy bar!

Ice cream cake I made for the event (consists of vanilla ice cream, hot fudge, caramel, bananas, strawberries, whip cream icing and toffee bits)

The reminder I put together of this past month's events. On the back (seen in the mirror) shows the picture of Em in the PICU and states: Day 2 in the PICU, fighting for her life

And on the front (side you can see best), it states: Day 6 on the children's floor, ready to go home. We love you, our miracle girl!

There you have it! Told you it was random!!

5 comments:

Shelby said...

I like your random post! How did you add the text under the photos-did you order them from somewhere like Shutterfly?

And we've got to get some of those shirts!

Lindsey said...

I absolutely LOVE that video clip! Wow, what an incredible venture! And Em is just beautiful!

Lacey said...

You're so cute Alisha! Thanks for including us on your post! That trailer is amazing. I'm glad you posted it! I have to agree with the explicit word, it was almost great having it in there, lol.

Gabi said...

You should do more posts with random thoughts. This has to be my most FAVORITE blog post ever!

Candice said...

I agree, great post! I know I read it before, but your birth story was just as moving this time around!!