First things first, I would really like to thank all of you that donated to Chromosome 18 in Emarie's name for her birthday gift. The donations that we know of equaled over $100, which was our goal! Plus I know some of you said you donated online, and I didn't know what amount, so I know it was even more than that! Thank you SOo much from the bottom of our hearts!
Yes this make look a little out of season, it was taken after the last fundraisers in October. Just thought it was good enough to use again as a "Thank you"
Also, I would like to announce that there will be another fantastic fundraiser for Chromosome 18. It will be a 5k run organized by our wonderful friends and fellow Chromosome 18 family the Howe's .
A 5k is only about 3 miles and is fairly easy to do! It can even be walked if you are not a runner :)
Please visit the blog Jenny has set up just for this event and read Deakon's story. But be warned, you will need some tissues handy!
Deakon and Em "talking" at Em's second birthday party
Playing in the pool together at the Vegas annual Chromosome 18 conference summer of 2009
Showing Em and I how to work the toy he gave her for her birthday this year
We love Deakon and his family and are very excited to participate and help any way we can, we hope you all can help some way as well, either by participating, or spreading the word to those you know who would want to. They're even allowing for "spirit runners" for those who don't live in the area to register, but won't be there for the race (at least not physically) ;) Click on any one of the above photos to find out more information.
Now, for some pictures of the party.
Since I already uploaded most of the pictures to Facebook, I'm only going to do a few of the "highlights" on here. You can click here to see the rest on Facebook (even if you don't have an account)
Just waiting for her guests to arrive (FYI- everyone was late!)
Gripped my shoulder like a vice, but was brave enough to touch Chuck's nose, if only for a nano-second!
Em and Irelynd (my friend Kelly's little baby girl)
Deak cruisin everywhere these days!
Our little family
Blowing out the candles (and that's wonderful Diane and her youngest)
This one shows my mom and brothers, the brothers don't look too thrilled too be there (but they were ;)), but I love how happy and beautiful my mom looks in this one! Think I will frame and give it to her
Quite possibly my fave from the day! That's Isaac (wonderful family we met at Costco around Christmas last year), Em's giving him a disdainful look because he asked if he could steal her for a bit.....
And he did.... and you know what?....
She had a BLAST! Playing ski-ball here
This is Morgan (Isaac's daughter), she and Em are the reasons our families connected, and I'm sure it wasn't by accident
Love this one of Em and Miles (my cousin Lexi's little boy), he is so cute with her!
This was after everyone had left, and just daddy, Em and I had a little more fun. I love the "why did you sit me next to this character" look!
Just got these pictures today. This is the outfit Em wore to preschool today. Shirt courtesy of my friend Marci and her family. I'm told that Em now prefers yellow, which was so fitting coinciding on the day she wore this shirt! She picked everything yellow today, crayons, playdoh (or Floam, I guess it was) etc. If there's another color I love in a close second to red, it's yellow so she is definitely my daughter!
And if this picture doesn't put a smile on your face, I don't know what will!
Glad you partied in style Ms. Emarie!! We love you!!!





6 comments:
Oh my goodness these are adorable! Looks like everyone had a blast for the sweet girl's birthday!
Ok, I messed up that last comment. I meant to say, Em looked so cute in her little tiara. And that picture of her and Deak was adorable!
Great pictures! Thanks for the run shout-out;)
She sure is cute! I wish we could have been there!
Love the pics. Looks like a great party. LOve the pic of her touching chuck e's nose. :)
Post a Comment