Today, February 8th marks the 8th anniversary since my beloved cousin Brooks Lee Adams was taken from us.
Brooks was more than a cousin to me, more like a brother. Our families were very close, went on vacations together, traded off practically living at one another's homes, even shared actual houses ;) Went to the same schools, had inside jokes, and most of my fondest memories are with him and his family.
A few of the best ways I like to remember Brooks:
He was small, but his personality was bigger than life
No one could come up with witty remarks as fast as Brooks
Life was very dull without Brooks
He made every family gathering worth going to
He had relationships with his family that anyone could be jealous of
And like my sister Breanne, I'm certain there's not a day that goes by that someone, somewhere doesn't think of him. And they probably smile when they do :)
My favorite memory of Brooks was when I was maybe 13, I spent the weekend with his family going boating at Deer Reservoir. My aunt Amy (Brooks' mom), cousin Lexi (his sister) and I all got a lot wetter than we anticipated! So, after boating we went shopping at the outlets for some new clothes, we needed everything down to underwear. Brooks was reluctantly tagging along with us, and as soon as we entered the "bra store" he immediately covered his eyes with his hands as tightly as he could, and did not remove them until we exited the store. This was Brooks' humor for you
Here's a few pictures of Brooks :)
Probably my most favoritest picture of him ever! Just because it shows his personality so well!
One of the many vacations we all went on together. This was Mazatlan Mexico, summer of '98
(back L to R: Alyssa (bestie to cousin Lexi), Lexi (cousin to me and Brooks' older sister), me; Bottom: Brooks and Cassidy (cousin to me and Brooks' younger sister)
Not the fondest of this picture of me, but it's the only one I know of taken of the two of us at school.
Miss you Brooks!







3 comments:
Alisha,
Bless your heart! You have such a way with words...I thought I was doing pretty good until I read this! I find comfort in knowing that he was so loved every moment of his time here. Thanks for sharing!
Wow, I can't believe it has been 8 years. I love that picture too, it really does show his personality. I remember passing notes to him in Health class. Be strong today, you, and his family are in my prayers.
He looks like such a great spirit. Take care hon.
Post a Comment