CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Well, for NAME'S sake!


Today is September 13, 2010. Well, exactly 16 years ago to this day, is the day I lost my sister. 

Now, today seems as though the best day to do this post, although I thought of it weeks ago. Specifically when I read this post on a rather famous blog. After reading this post, it hit me like a ton of bricks. You should read it as well, and then you will understand. 

You see Emarie is named after my sister, her middle name is Breanne, which was my sister's first name. There was never much thought in that, other than, she is a girl and I want my sister to be a part of her name. However, after reading this post, I saw that there was really much more to it than that. Like the fact that my sister, I am certain, had a great deal to do with sending me this wonderful gift that I call Emarie Breanne. 

So today I remember you Breanne, and the legacy that you are living on in my daughter. Not that I don't remember you every day of my life in some way or another. But today is different, more magnified, in every breath I take and every time I close my eyes......there you are.

Thank you Breanne for sending me the most precious gift I could ever hope to receive. For giving me the inspiration that no one could deserve to carry on your name like she can. For the knowledge that even though I've never seen the two of you together, I know you know each other.

Thank you for her.
By the way, this is Em's unofficial fashion show in the clothes I barely got her from the giveaway I won, now that she's finally able to wear them!


And for those of you that didn't read before, I put together a memorandum of Breanne on her birthday this past year. So you can read and see more about her on this post.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I remember seeing that photo of Breanne in the tulips for the first time and thinking that she was an angel. And she was, and now is.

I remember 16 years ago today like it was yesterday. My first weekend home from starting college, and never experience such shock and utter sadness.

I do believe that Breanne sent sweet Emarie to you and part of her sweet spirit lives on in your daughter. I hope that as time goes on you are able to remember less and less about the tragedy of that day. That may be impossible but I sure hope and pray for it. No child (you) should have to witness anything like that. Ever.

Love you Alisha Marie, love you Breanne Nicole, and love you Emarie Breanne!

Candice said...

Emarie is a living tribute to your beautiful sister. Hugs today, and always!!

Lacey said...

I love that you named Emarie after Breanne. I'm so happy that you have a happy reminder of her each day. I'm thinking of you and your little sis today. Love you.

Sara JJ said...

beautiful post on a tough day. hugs from here to you all xx

Jenny H said...

What a sweet memory...I can see a clear resemblence between Breanne and you. Thinking of you.

Camille Hammond said...

I hope Lily can have a relationship with Emily like you have with your sister!

Lindsay said...

Thinking about you as well! What a beautiful girl she was! and i might add that Em looks so cute in her new outfit! You are amazing Alisha!

Melissa said...

What a sweet post to honor Breanne. I too remember that day very clearly. I am sure Breanne knew all the little babies that have come into our family since she left us, but most especially Emarie! Much love to you guys!