Today, February 22nd 2010, my sweet little sister Breanne Nicole Wilde would have been 20 years old. She died a little over 15 years ago in an automobile accident just shy of her fifth birthday. So, although it pains me to try to think of what she would be like today (because in my mind and everyone that knew her, she will forever be 4 and a half), I still think it is a momentous occasion that should be celebrated.
Here is a little of how I remember my sweet sister:
There really was not more than 10 minutes that could go by in a day that you didn't hear her sweet laughter (this is one of the many reasons that Emarie reminds me of her)!
She and I were the best of friends and spent almost every moment together, going anywhere our imagination took us. Whenever I have a hard day, I still talk to her as though she were here, and I know she hears me.
She was beautiful in every sense of the word. From her gorgeous auburn hair (that made everyone jealous), big brown eyes and cute baby fat that completed her, to her infectious bubbly personality and endless affection.
Anyone who met her, instantly fell in love with her vibrant personality (another quality that Emarie shares).
She made friends with everyone she met, including animals.
There was never a dull moment with Breanne!
She loved so intensely and with all her might (those that knew her know what I'm talking about), for those that don't know what this means, it meant, hugging everyone and everything with her teeth clenched. Pinching those she loved on the extra skin of their elbows (because she knew this didn't hurt) while exclaiming, "Mushy, mushy, mushy!"
She was wary with things, yet very daring!
She was always happy, and the seldom times she was not, was when she was away from those she loved (yet another quality she and Emarie share).
There is not a day that goes by (I'm sure) that someone out there does not think of her in someway, because that is the explosive impact she had. I know there's seldom a day that goes by that I don't think of her, and that will always be true.
I know I made a lot of connections with her to Emarie. But, I full-heartily believe that they were great friends before Emarie joined us on Earth. Emarie has a sense of recognition on her face when she sees photo's or videos of Breanne. And I know there are many more connections than even we can imagine than just their names and the fact that they are related, seeing as Emarie is a lot more connected to the veil than most.
So, in closing, I just want to relay how much I miss this little girl! How much everyone that knew her misses and loves her, and will never stop!
So, I would like to share the videos that Steve and I put together over Mother's Day last year. Just know, they are not perfect. They both have holes, because we are still missing a lot of video and pictures because of all the tragedies that have befallen on our family. And, I know the music in the video slideshow is cheesy. But, it's fitting in more ways than one. One is obvious, for what the song is, the other is that Mariah Carey was Breanne's favorite singer. And, also, remember that this is the early 90's, so nevermind the bad clothes and hair!
Enjoy this little piece of Breanne, aka: Baby B, Bre, Chickster, etc.
Yes, that big guy towards the end is Mark Eaton, of the Utah Jazz!
Beware of the full moon in this one!




9 comments:
I still remember that day. What grade were we in again?
What a sweet tribute. Thanks so much for sharing that!
We were in the beginning of fifth grade Rachelle
Wow. There are no words. That was simply beautiful. Miss her so much!
This was such a sweet post Alisha. Maybe my hormones are a little crazy right now but I couldn't even finish watching the videos; One of my memories of Breanne was when we all were shopping at the Gap and she was trying on swimsuits and she keep running around the store in her swimsuit. It's hard to believe she'd be 20 today!
I hope that Lily can feel close to Emily, too. I'm glad you have memories!
You know she will Camille, because I know Emily wouldn't have it any other way! Hope you guys are doing alright! How's the little one in the belly??
Wow, that got to me. How did you all survive? Your mom? Bre was/is precious.
Sometimes you don't know how... you just do. After becoming a mother myself and having so many close calls with my own daughter and thinking that I don't think I could lose her, I had to ask my mom how she did it. How did you go on with life? Her answer, was just, "I didn't want to at all, and wasn't going to for my first thought.... but I had to. I had 2 other kids that needed me."
Losing my sister for me was the hardest thing I've ever had to go through, and hope it will always be the hardest. People have said it gets better with time, but I don't think that's necessarily true. I think you just learn different ways to deal with it, and sometimes even 16 years later, it's just as hard as the week it happened. And things can trigger all the initial feelings and it's like it just happened. And the hardest things is, you never know when it will hit, at least for me.
Post a Comment