CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

After over 2 1/2 years....this girl finally has a room!!

Sad? I know, and pointless? maybe. That last one being because, our house is up for sale. But, I still felt like this girl deserved a proper room in her first home. 

The biggest work on it, is all due to Steve. He organized and rearranged when we first decided to transition her to sleeping in there, back in December. Then he worked tirelessly, day and night to finally finish her crib when she and I were in Sedona for Spring Break. 

I have no excuse for her not having a finished room until now. The crib was a big, right, pain in the you know what! We could never find the style I wanted for less than $900 which was way out of our price range! Then one day while at Burlington, we saw one the exact style I wanted, that was a floor sample, clearanced, for about $200, score! The only problem was, it was not the color I wanted (which was dark), but since it was a floor model, it was kind of scuffed up anyway, so either way we would have to refinish it! Little did we know, what a task that entailed! We tried putting finish over the top, but it wouldn't stick to the old finish. So, then we tried sanding it, which took FOREVER! We tried calling a couple sand-blasting facilities, but none of them would do it. So, we gave up for awhile. Yeah like 2 and a half years! Then the surprise when we came home from Sedona (if you remember in this post).

And now, I have been working on this for the past week, and I'm finally done! Well, almost......still would like to hang some pictures. And I wish I would have painted (which would have been a pale yellow), but that really would have been pointless. 

So, without further ado:

Because of the glare in this one, you can't tell, but that's the poster we had everyone sign at Emarie's first birthday party. 

It might be a little busy, but she LOVES it and helped! And that's what counts!

Love you baby girl, sorry it took me SO long!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the room!!!! It is so cute.
I bet Emarie thinks it was worth the waiting :)

Anonymous said...

Her room is beyond cute!! I bet she just loves it! Great job designing it, so modern and fun! Ive wanted one of those ball pits for Levin, for so long now! Love it the room! :-)

Lacey said...

So cute Alisha. I bet Emarie loves it. You did a great job!

Bama said...

So I have to ask how did you do the stuffed animal thing! I love it

Chanté said...

Soooo cute! Brecken has that crib, except hers is straight in the back, it doesn't have the higher curvey part. So dang cute Alisha!

Shelby said...

That is fierce! Love it! The ball pit is such a great idea too-it looks like a circus tent! Those little wall appliques are too adorable.

Candice said...

I know I commented on facebook already, but seriously, great job!! You got mad decorating skillz!! ;P

Chris and McKell said...

Love the room and Emarie you did such a great job it is darling!