CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 26, 2010

Pre surgery activities!

So, Wednesday is the big day. And, I thought it only appropriate that Emarie get a proper send off to her summer, since after Wednesday, she will spend the rest of it in a half-body cast :(

We of course have been going to the local pool (Veteran's Pool) a lot, and joined by my mom most of the time too! Too bad I don't have pictures from our last time on Thursday, because it was SO awesome! And I'll tell you why; usually I ask Em as we watch other kids doing it, if she wants to go down the kiddie water slide. She always shakes her head "no". However, this time she surprised me by responding with a "yeah" finally! So, we did it, I took her up, and my mom caught her at the bottom. I figured she'd be done after that, but she wanted to go two more times! And that's not all! While we were playing in the shallow end, a very cute little girl by the name of Brynn spontaneously came up and started playing with my Emarie! I honestly can't tell you that this has ever happened before. That being, a stranger, "typical" child just coming and playing with my little girl of her own free will! I'm sure her parents might have thought I was a little weird for getting so excited, but at least they were good sports and kept getting out more toys for the girls to play with. They honestly threw the ball back and forth for about 10 minutes! And she even tried to teach Em a bad habit of drinking the pool water. I didn't even care, I was just SO proud and happy in this moment! What a great way to end the last day at the pool this summer!

Now, back when we first learned that this surgery would be necessary, I thought of doing a lot of fun things leading up to it. We settled on taking her to the zoo, and when I say "we" I mean Steve and I both. I didn't think it was fair to Em, that just because of what was going on, that she shouldn't have both of her parents with her doing fun things. So we kept good on our decision, but decided against the zoo for a couple of reasons, but one big one being, it was just too dang hot! So, we decided on the Living Planet Aquarium in Sandy for Friday. 

Here's some pictures:

First a stop at Crown Burger (Steve had been wanting to go here ever since he saw it featured on the Food Network)



It looks as though both of them are sneering at me

She wasn't quite sure what to think yet :)

Jellyfish, the only way meant to be observed.........in a tank! That coming from a person that was once stung by an entire school of them!



Look at that adoring look! She just LOVES him!

I've done everything I can to make it so my bangs don't look so bad......how'd I do??

I just LOVE this girl!


So, on Saturday, I took Em to a park right near our house that has a duck pond. She absolutely loved feeding the ducks! We did the swing last, since I didn't think she'd want to get off. But I was wrong, she didn't want to leave the ducks! It was great too, because since she can't throw very far, the bread was landing right by her feet on the rocks, yet the ducks were coming right up there and grabbing, and she, well, she thought it was hilarious!

Some pictures of that:

Photo op on the bench first!

I could not have asked for a better child!

Yay! Ducks! And SO close! Too close for mommy's comfort! Good think I can put that aside for my girl!

Love this one of her concentrating so hard to tear the bread!

Not so easy getting pictures when it's just the two of us!

And on the swing, she wouldn't ever look at me before the camera died :( there was another little girl next to us, that she was very happy about watching!

The last thing we did was today (Monday), we went to 7 Peaks (a local water park) joined by my cousin Alexis and her adorable boy Miles!

Some pictures:

Uhm, are we going to get in the water or what mom?

Miles and Lexi, so cute!

Mommy and Em


We sure crammed a lot in to the last week, and most specifically the last few days! But, we had a blast doing it! And, also I just learned that Em's PT wants her to go to The Little Gym one last time, so we're doing that tomorrow evening. And if Steve can come, then I'll have pictures, and maybe I'll post them along with what I'm doing tomorrow, which will be a chronicle of all Em's surgeries, since 10 is an epic number after all!

13 comments:

alexis holt said...

i hadn't seen your new blog yet! i love the header. today was super fun!

Alisha said...

I know it was! Thanks for the compliment, I love it too! And as soon as Lacey gets some new pictures of Em and I, I'm going to vamp it up even more! And I'll invite you to the other one as well!

Lacey said...

Your blog is so cute! How fun. The pictures are cute too! So it is Wednesday (I just left a comment on your wall on FB). Keep me updated. I'm glad you guys had a great week before the body cast. Love you both!

Camille Hammond said...

I'm glad you got to do fun things. Good luck on Wednesday! Call if you need any help figuring things out with the cast. I'm pretty good at brainstorming solutions! (well, mostly I've just been in that situation, yuck!)

Bama said...

She is so so cute! I love her cute smile! I happy you guys had such a jam packed week!

Candice said...

Looks like you guys have had an adventure filled week. I love that you and Steve took her together. How nice for her! I love all the pics!! She is such a little doll. Good luck with everything. I'll be praying for you guys!

Lindsey said...

Well I guess I'll be the first to comment on this, but....I LOVE YOUR BANGS! I love your hair...period! Seriously, I think they look so cute, and so "vintage-y" for lack of a better word.

So glad that you guys have had a fun week. We'll be waiting to hear how the surgery goes and keeping you all in our prayers!

Amber said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun this week. I am sure Emarie loved it! How long will you be in Salt Lake after the surgery? Remember you can always crash at my place if you need. Or I can bring up anything you need to the hospital.

Chris and McKell said...

These pictures at the park need to be made big and put somewhere you can see them on a daily basis they are darling! I love them and she looks so cute!

Chris and McKell said...

Let me know if you guys need anything before during or after the surgery!

Melissa said...

Hope the surgery and recovery goes well. I'll be thinking of you guys!

And I like the bangs, I've thought about doing the straight bangs but I don't think I could pull it off.

Adam & Samantha said...

whoa, you are so busy! you are such a great mother and I really look up to you for doing everything you can to make each and every moment special for Emarie. I wish you the best of luck as she undergoes another surgery!

Anonymous said...

Good luck tomorrow little Em! :) We all love you so much. Good luck to you mommy, that has got to be hard. You are amazing! You really are. And I think your bangs look great!! Not bad at all. :)I know you still hate them though. :( I love all the pictures, looks like you guys had SO much fun! She is so beautiful Alisha. Such a sweet little girl. Always smiling!