Sorry, it's taken me so long to get anything about mine and Emarie's recent trip posted, you really have no idea how busy I've been!! But there is really only about a month left of school, and I've just got to hold on until then. But, I will tell you that I do have to move for a third time this school year from my classroom. Yes, they are demolishing more of the building, which leaves 6 of us teachers with no other choice than to move to a different building until construction is all said and done. So, I am one of those, and they are giving us sooo much time to move out.......NOT! I have to be completely moved out of my room by the morning of the 28th of May. But, here's the best part.....Guess when the last day of school is??? The 27th of May!! So, that's right, after we put kids on the bus that day around 3:40, we will then proceed to be working all night long to get this done! Sucks, I know, but what else can I do? I don't want to rock the boat when I'm so lucky to still have a job!
So, after that mess is all said and done, I will have just about 2 days before Emarie's big surgery. And believe me, I am really dreading this one! I have had several comments about how after 10 surgeries, we should really be pros by now. I just want to know, is that ever possible when you are a parent to be a pro at anything?? But, especially not this! Sure, it's very routine for us when she say, gets tubes replaced, or a prosthesis exchange, because really those ones happen all the time. But, I've talked to a couple parents, and this will be nothing like we've ever experienced before. The only thing that will even come close, will be her feet surgery, because there are a lot of similar techniques. Like, the use of an epidural, the numerous casts that weighed no less than 3 lbs (and that's a lot when she only weighed about 10 at the time!)! And that first night of horrific pain that I really hoped I would never have to witness my little girl go through again. But, this will be worse. Dr. Stotts said, "Much, much worse." Enough said, for me to know that I have a little less than a month and half to prepare for something pretty awful. So, sorry to bum you out, but sometimes a mom just needs to vent!
So now to cheer you up with some beautiful pictures from our wonderful trip to Sedona, Arizona.
Yes, it was just the girls, my mom, me and Emarie. It was wonderful, and just what we all needed. The weather was more perfect than we could have asked, with temps in the mid 80's, even reaching the 90's one (which got a little too hot, in my opinion!). So, we were able to go to the pool and get some sun, and were sorry to have to leave so soon!
No words necessary for the beauty of Sedona!
Just lounging at the pool!

My constantly happy girl!
The girls out shopping in downtown Sedona

Emarie became quite fond of this twirling statue, she would laugh so hard when the wind would blow them around!
Emarie in the pool, she just loves the water!!
Em and I sunbathing (nevermind those rolls, I'm still working on toning! And hoping to be completely where I want this summer!)
Emarie sneakily stealing my magazine!
Doesn't seem to mind that I caught her though!

This girl is really growing up........sniff, sniff

Posing in the dress Great-Grandma Andrews got her
Tried to get a picture of her sitting in front of the condo before we took off, but she wasn't really cooperating!
Grandma and Em at the restaurant in Flagstaff for one last meal before we really took off. Such beautiful smiles!

Conked out in the car! She lasted until Page. Which is pretty good, if I do say so myself!
We finally arrived home around 10 pm that night, and daddy had a surprise for Emarie..........
He worked tirelessly every night we were gone to finally finish her crib! So, Emarie officially has been sleeping in her crib ever since we got back! And don't worry, there is a front to it, Steve just hadn't put it on when we took this.
Sorry such a long post. But I did put all of the pics on Facebook, if you haven't gotten a chance to see them on there.




4 comments:
I don't see how a parent could ever get used to seeing their kid go into surgery. I'm sorry Emarie has to experience such pain, and I'm sorry that as parents you have to witness it. She won't remember, but you will. Hopefully it will help her!!! Then it will all be worth it.
Cute trip pics. Em seems like she's always in a good mood. Graham is too...and thank goodness with all our kiddos have to put up with!
Emarie looks HUGE! I can't believe how big she has gotten. I'm glad you had a break, and I can't believe you have to move AGAIN! You are a trooper, hang in there.
Not tryin to bum you out... But going through a lot of surgeries myself, you will never "be pros at it" it will always be an anxious thing for you and her. Just from that one small month in nicu I think its somewhat harder to be the parent then the child. As a parent its so hard to watch your child in pain and not help them; while as the child you do become more used to it I guess you could say and just wait for it to be over. Sorry for the spill! I love you both.
Glad you guys got to go have some fun together before all the stress coming ahead. Emarie is starting to look like a little girl not a toddler! She just seems so good natured and sweet.
Post a Comment