After 3 years of preschool, my sweet girl finally graduated. It was a bittersweet day and I was flooded with emotions, not just because my little girl is growing up, but also I was thinking a lot about all the things she would be facing this summer.... I couldn't help but feel a twinge of jealousy as I heard other parents talk of plans of vacations, trips to the water and amusement parks, camping and other fun summer activities. And thanks to this missing DNA of Em's we are facing a lot of horrors this summer. I will probably finally get into all that in a coming post.
So Em and her cute little class performed a couple of songs, and then they were each presented with a graduation cap and certificate. Mommy bought her a special graduation balloon and lei that I surprised her with when I came. Daddy was able to come too and Em was over the moon about that!
Here's some pictures of the day
Singing songs
Walking back after songs and then walking back after getting her "diploma" and cap
All her family that was there that day
Her teachers, top L, Miss Molly, Top R, Miss Kelly and Bottom, Miss Brenda
She had a great year and accomplished more in her last year of preschool than the entire 2 years before that!
Here's just a fun little picture I put together to show her first year of preschool at 3 years old, to her last year of preschool at 5 years.
Sadly this is the day Em started to head south with her health and got sicker than I believe she has ever been in her life (which is really saying something!), which caused her to miss the very last day of school, and put her in the ER later that week where we would find out she had croup, which also made it so we had to reschedule her two vital procedures (part of the horror of the summer we are looking at). It took her quite awhile, but she is finally getting back to herself and we now have the procedures rescheduled for the middle of July.












1 comment:
Adorable in her graduation cap!
Post a Comment