Remember how I said I was going to post a recipe a month over a year ago?? And how I failed fantastically by only posting 2 whopping recipes in that entire time?? Haha, well that shouldn't surprise you! But, you're in luck! I just so happened to take pictures of something I made today just so I could post the recipe... aren't you so glad?? And these just so happen to be an easy and great alternative to traditional cheesecake for showers, parties and whatever! So here you go..
Cheesecake Meringue Bites
Crust ingredients
2 cups Graham Cracker crumbs (which works out to be about 32 squares if that's what you have, but I find it cheaper to buy the already made crumbs, which let's face it, is much easier as well!)
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup butter melted
combine cracker crumbs, sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl then spread evenly over a greased 15-in. x 10-in x 1-in baking pan (I put this in bold because the size is very important and needs to be exact!!), pour melted butter evenly to coat crumbs and mix until all moist. Press firmly into bottom of pan and about a 1/8 inch up sides. Bake at 350 for 5 minutes.
Filling ingredients
3 packages cream cheese (8 oz each), softened
1-1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 eggs, separated!
Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in large mixing bowl until smooth. Add just the egg yolks (keep egg whites set aside) one at a time, beating on low speed just until combined with each yolk. Beat egg whites on medium speed in a small bowl until soft peaks form then carefully fold into cream cheese mixture. Pour over crust and bake at 350 for 25-28 minutes or until center is almost set (check often). Cool on wire rack at least 30-45 minutes and then refrigerate overnight (at least 8 hours). Cut into bite sized squares (about 1-in) place in individual baking (muffin) cups and top with whatever you desire! I have used sliced strawberries, chocolate and carmel sauces and a combination of sliced fruit (kiwi, raspberries, etc.), really the choice is up to you! I usually serve a variety of toppings and always on the side (because not everyone likes stuff on their cheesecake!)




No comments:
Post a Comment