Since Em's birthday is on Christmas Eve, I doubt there will ever be a day she will be at school for the actual day. So we elected to bring a treat and celebrate our girl the day before break (20th). I picked up some store bought (health department policy) festive, frosted sugar cookies.... which Em couldn't eat.... but don't think I'm mean! I wanted something that the kids don't usually have, and unfortunately anything that's dairy, soy and egg free doesn't scream special. But one of Em's friend's from class also has food allergies and believe or not is allergic to more than her, but they can still eat a lot of the same foods, so I got the two of them some very cute Christmas (red and green) marshmallows and suckers, so they both felt pretty special too :) However, Em wanted nothing to do with either of these things, so she got her favorite from the school snacks- Alphabet Cookies.... whatever, it was her celebration after all ;)
She enjoyed them... that's all that matters ;)
Her birthday crown, which she wasn't too thrilled about.... until,
She saw herself in the mirror :)
Someone payed Em a special visit for her birthday......
What a lucky girl! And I should mention that this is the cute outfit that the Fisher family sent her last year and we're so glad we could make it work one more year!
Not gonna let that candy cane go for anything!
It was so fun having her celebrate with her school friends, they're all so cute together!
We had to take a picture of her wearing her crown in front of our tree that evening as well :)
I'm not exactly sure what is going through her mind with that face (she makes faces like this constantly though!), but I like to think it's, "WHAT, NO PRESENTS?!"
Haha, happy birthday Em, sure hope you have another fabulous year!
We had to take a picture of her wearing her crown in front of our tree that evening as well :)
I'm not exactly sure what is going through her mind with that face (she makes faces like this constantly though!), but I like to think it's, "WHAT, NO PRESENTS?!"
Haha, happy birthday Em, sure hope you have another fabulous year!




1 comment:
I see that face often too. I think it means, "GAH, more pictures??!" lol
Post a Comment