*Play song, "Get by with the Help of my Friends" with this post
We were lucky in the month of January to have friends visit us, and likewise we visited some as well! Friends old and new, but all near and dear to our hearts!
We were lucky in the month of January to have friends visit us, and likewise we visited some as well! Friends old and new, but all near and dear to our hearts!
First was the Harpers. Now, we first met Angie and Megan at the conference back in Indianapolis in July. We were really excited when we found out that Megan has 18q- same as Em.... and even more excited to learn they live in Utah! However, they do live in Logan, which is about 2 1/2 hours from us, so it will still be a treat every time we see them I'm sure! Nicely we pass through Logan when we go to Preston, Idaho to see Steve's grandparents and other extended family.... but this time they came to us!
We started off with lunch at a fave, Texas Roadhouse. And when we suggested things to do, Angie expressed a real desire to hit the Disney Store. I didn't really know until last summer (when I was hunting down Emarie's Rapunzel) that we have pretty much the only Disney Store for a big stretch of miles.... only one in Utah anyway, but actually found out that won't be for long! Apparently they're opening one in Salt Lake next month! But anyway, I don't blame them for wanting to go, and I never mind a chance to get there myself (like a kid again when I go in there!). It worked out nice since we were able to let Megan choose a gift for us to get her (late Christmas gift). She chose a Minnie Mouse (smart girl!).
Next we went to the Provo mall so we could finally finish Em's birthday activities! And that was to ride the carousel and train they have there.
Em had pretty platonic emotions for the majority of the ride.... only reason we knew she liked it, is that she "asked" to get back on when we got off!
Megan on the other hand was very apprehensive from the get go... and her unease only increased!
This was right after Em had bumped her head on the bar in front of her... she didn't cry just had a surprised look and then made sure to hold on after that! Though we didn't notice a war wound until later.... we blame the fact that there was no nose piece on her glasses where the scratch occurred.
Em holding on now!
And this was the point that Megan was really not being shy about letting her feelings known to all!
This was after it was done moving... she had stopped crying, but still was sure to let everyone know she wasn't happy being on there!
"Did you like it Em??"
Thankfully the train went over much better with Miss Megan!
Love this one of Megan!
Em standing!
Angie and Megan
I should also mention that we finally got to meet Angie's husband (and Megan's dad of course!), Danny. He wasn't able to come to the conference due to what he does for a living (their family manufactures the wonderful Creamies that are amazing!). Sorry we didn't get any pictures of the guys this time.... next time for sure though!
Next friendly visit was when I went up to Taylorsville to see my dear friend Bekka! I first met Bekka several years ago when I interviewed her to be one of the assistants in my classroom and she and I hit it off right away! We are alike in a lot of ways, and just can relate on so many levels. I love this girl to pieces and she has been going through some really hard times! She had her first little girl Grace and shortly before she had her is when she quit working for me :( and moved North to be closer to hers and her husband's families. A few months ago they found out her mother has a really aggressive form of cancer and has had quite a few other (rather nasty) things on top of that. One was a flesh eating bacteria that caused the need for her to get her leg amputated, and my goodness I could not imagine having to see my mom go through something like that. And this girl is incredibly close to her mother, so please keep them in your prayers!
Adorable Gracie!
Grace and Em playing together. Em didn't quite know what to think of Gracie's busy demeanor! She was very interested in Emarie, and kept pulling on her clothes, glasses and even her skin! Em was a good sport though!
Like I said, Grace is a very busy girl!
Putting everything in her mouth (pretty typical of any baby though!)
And playing with the lights... which mom doesn't like!
And Grace with her beautiful mother Bekka!
I should also mention that we attended my bestie's (Lacey) baby boy's dedication.... but unfortunately I did not remember to take any pictures, even though I had my camera! But I have a lot of pictures of this cute boy, so here's a few!
Adorable Elijah!! Just love him!
So, I am finally caught up with everything in January I believe!
Grace and Em playing together. Em didn't quite know what to think of Gracie's busy demeanor! She was very interested in Emarie, and kept pulling on her clothes, glasses and even her skin! Em was a good sport though!
Like I said, Grace is a very busy girl!
Putting everything in her mouth (pretty typical of any baby though!)
And playing with the lights... which mom doesn't like!
And Grace with her beautiful mother Bekka!
I should also mention that we attended my bestie's (Lacey) baby boy's dedication.... but unfortunately I did not remember to take any pictures, even though I had my camera! But I have a lot of pictures of this cute boy, so here's a few!
Adorable Elijah!! Just love him!
So, I am finally caught up with everything in January I believe!





4 comments:
Cool! What fun visits! I didn't realize there was a carousel at the Provo mall. I think we'll be taking a trip there soon... :)
It would be fun to go together with the girls! We should sometime.... Would probably have to wait until Em's follow-up on the 28th though (when we'll find out for sure if we can be done with the wedge!)
I left a comment on this post but it is missing...?
It was about Em doing a great job with the standing. I asked if you guys have been working on this.
And I love her outfit from the visit with Bekka.
That's weird I never saw it Candice! Glad you caught it though and commented again! That outfit is one that Dana Bowen and family sent her (Delaney's hand-me-downs), well the tunic and flower in her hair :) I love it too!
Post a Comment