CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 7, 2011

Our sweet little Rapunzel!

*Play song, "When Will My Life Begin" with this post

Ok, so it probably wasn't very hard to guess what Em would be for Halloween, since we live, breathe and do everything around here Tangled :)

Ok, so maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration, but only a wee little bit! You'll first remember our mention of the Tangled obsession in this post... and then this one. So you get the idea that she loves it.... at least as humanly possible for a little girl to love a pretend character.

Well, without further ado, here she is in all her royal glory ;)

Here's the ones I took of her at school

 With the fake frying pan, and yes I felt she needed one of these since it is by far her favorite(st) part in the movie when Rapunzel accidentally hits herself with hers (she even will rewind it herself to watch it over and over!)

 Every beauty queen needs to have a signature wave! And the crown is an authentic Rapunzel crown from the disney store.... cuz mamma's like that!

This was before school had started and she had a little audience that consisted of the teachers, office staff and teaching assistants. They all clapped for her sweet little brandishing of her frying pan, waving and showing off of her jewelry, and she just had to clap back ;)

And these were taken in the front yard of our landlords before we took our little trick-or-treater around! And BTW, this will go down in history as the best Halloween weather Utah has ever seen! 78 was the high for that day and the night stayed clear and didn't ever get very cold! Thank you for that, and the fact that daylight savings ended after Halloween finally!

 She was so proud of her jewelry.... probably will be a big hit for dress-up for years to come! (kind of was an early Christmas gift)

 This is still how she asks me to sing her favorite song, "I'm a Little Apple Tree"

 She knew who she was supposed to be, she knew she looked cute, she knew she could get whatever she wanted that night..... and she loved every second of it!


 The "real" frying pan.... she tried real hard, but couldn't lift it all too well!

 The hair do that took 35 minutes, and 3 different redos that day, but it did turn out very cute!


Ok, now I'd been noticing that day when I took pictures at the preschool for the website (you can see those here and Em can be seen in the Monday afternoon one), that the flash was not working all too well.... sadly it completely gave out that night, so we don't have any pictures from Emarie trick-or-treating :( But at least we got the costume, right?!

And actually we did get some from Em's iPhone that will be coming up in the next post.

Oh, and here's me on Halloween.... yes I still take advantage of where I work and the fact that it's socially acceptable for me to dress up! Plus my other mom (aka Steve's mom, I'm going to stop using the term Mother-in-Law altogether, since I know there's a stigma with that phrase, and mine is much more worthy of just a plain ole "mom"), thanks again I love it! Oh and please don't kill me for telling everyone you made it, since I believe you did a fabulous job!!

Yeah, still the same thing I've been forever (The Pumpkin Fairy), but at least I finally have a decent tutu!

Hope you all had nice Halloweens! Though I bet very few had as nice of weather for it as we did :)

3 comments:

Candice said...

You both look adorable in your costumes!! You should have been the evil mother... ;P Nah...you culd never pull that off!

eric + ashlee said...

She looks super cute! I love how you did her hair. I think she's the only rapunzel I know that actually had long hair--and a frying pan! Way cute!

Alisha said...

Oh that's a good idea Candice, I don't know why I didn't think of that.... maybe next year ;)