I have to say that a little comment from Steve inspired this post. Although I must admit that the thought has occurred to me in some obscure form just about every day.
So here they are, my life really, and the reason I can act like a four year old :)
You do the "potty dance" when you're really immersed in something great, but you really have to go!
On the flipside of the above, you call it "potty"
You find yourself stammering and stuttering excitedly when you're trying to explain something amazing
You think up silly little rhymes for everything, sometimes without even realizing it!
When your favorite song comes on, you sing loud and dance, and you just don't care what anyone thinks!
You get excited when a new Disney movie comes out, and you say you'll see it so that you can have something to talk about with the kids... but who are you kidding?! You love it!!
You love that it's socially acceptable for you to dress up at Halloween (but is it really?!) and you don't care what anyone thinks of that either!
You have silly names for holidays like "Turkey Day"
You still really want to believe and convince yourself that there really is a Santa
But you really do see all the magic in Christmas and feel like a kid in this time of year
The people who talk to you most are only 3 1/2 feet tall, but you love every second of it!
You can think of something funny, crazy and terrible that happened in a 6 hour period......
..... and yet, you want to go back and do it all again tomorrow!
well....
most of the time ;)
Last of all, you do things like this just because you know it will put a smile on all 38 of your kids faces :)
Little Red Ridinghood (I was the mother)
Goldilocks and the Three Bears (I'm Goldie sleeping and trying not to laugh might I add!)
But even better, I'll be getting to bring my baby with me starting in January, and can't wait to take little sneak peeks at her throughout the day!




2 comments:
I love this, Alisha! It's totally true! I am constantly surprised when I look at my face in the mirror and notice the wrinkles, realize that I'm a grandmother, and yet know that I'm still only about 5 years old inside! Must be why I still love preschool! I'm so excited that your big girl will be with us in January!
So cute! I bet your the best teacher ever. I love this post.
Post a Comment