Wrapping up the Mother's Day posts!!
Sorry, I'm late on this one, it was supposed to be out yesterday, but didn't know everything I wanted to say yet!!
This is to all the moms that inspire me in one way or another. You have no idea how you all have impacted my life, but I'm going to try to explain......(These are in no particular order of importance by the way, except for the last, which should be obvious....I hope)
To the women who have cried with me, laughed with me, fought with me, and really been there for me for about half of my life, you are my two best friends, and really, I count you as sisters! I am so glad our relationships have survived so much, but truly it shows me that they can survive anything!!
To my "other" mothers, you have given me advice, been a shoulder to cry on, and were just there when I just needed someone to listen. You are my aunts, my best friends' moms, neighbors, my step-mother, and some of the women I work with. Some of your homes have been safe havens for me, when I felt like there was nowhere else to go. Thanks for loving me, even though I'm not yours.
My grandmothers, you taught me to cook, to have patience, and that good things do come to those that wait. Your homes have been homes away from home, and safe havens as well. I am so grateful for the relationships I share with both of you, and I hope that one day, I can have the impact on my grandchildren that you have had on me.
My "sisters", I did not get to share much time with my own sister, but you welcomed me into your family, when I married your brother, unlike I'd ever expected. You loved me even before we'd met, and you got off the plane fresh off your mission, with our wedding less than a week away. I may have been stand-offish, but only because I didn't want to impose, since you had each other. None of you would allow it though, and you will never know how grateful, or how much I appreciate that. I count you as sisters as well.
To my own sister, I do not know the woman that you would've become, but I'd like to think that I do. You have taught me that I can never let go of what I believe, because if I do, I might not ever see you again. I wish you were here. I wish Emarie could get to know her only aunt on my side of the family. I think she does know you though, and I hope she will always hold on to that.
To my mother-in-law, really another mother. Again, you accepted me into your family as if I was your own. You listened to me, even when it was hard for you to bear. You take care of my little girl everyday with so much love, that it was really hard to ever think of trusting anyone else to do it. You are an immense example to me, and I thank God everyday for you being in my life. Thank you one million times over for EVERYTHING you do!!
This is for my confidants, my equals, my soul sisters. You are any other mom in my realm of life with a child as special as mine. I haven't even met all of you in person, yet I feel like I've known all of you all of my life. YOU understand, even when it seems like no one else can. You barely know my child, yet you're willing to fight for her, and you love her unconditionally. You are amazing pillars of strength and courage to me. You pick me up when I am down, allow me to vent even when it seems it goes on forever. You will never know all that you do for me, and I hope and pray that I will be able to continue to return the favor.
Lastly, for my own mother. I cry, as I even think of what to say to you. I have seen you go through unimaginable horrors, where you have just kept going. You are strong, man are you strong! I don't think you have any idea how really strong you are. There are not many people who would be able to keep going after they'd been through what you have. Yet, somehow you manage. You always saw the potential in your kids, even when no one else did, and we're better people because of it! Everywhere I go in my job, I am constantly meeting people that know you, and they think I'm great because of you. That is the explosive impact you have had as a teacher. I have friends that still say that you were always their favorite teacher. Really, you probably have no idea how many thousands of children (some in adulthood now) that you have left your imprint on. And I am the teacher that I am, because of watching you for so many years. I hope you know how much I love you, and I could really go on forever!
I would personally like to thank all of you out there for loving my Emarie, and seeing the glow that she truly radiates. You have no idea how much it means to me to see the impact my child has on those around her. I am so lucky to have all of you in my life, and I hope I can be there as much for all of you, as you have for me. There is not a single one of you that I wouldn't walk through fire for. And I truly mean that. I love you all, and hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!!
Here's some pictures from my Mother's Day:
My gifts! Could they really say "ME" better??
Em giving me her present
Doing "Eskimo Kisses"
And the beautiful necklace inside the package! We tried to get a zoomed in shot, but it didn't work. But it's a heart that says, "Mother" and a connection that says, "Daughter"
The other present was also a necklace from Steve, a symbol of a mother holding a child. They both are really beautiful, and I've been wearing them everyday since I got them (which was Friday, since we're both really bad at waiting!) Steve did a great job picking them out! I love both of the people that made me a Mother!!
Happy Mother's Day Everyone!!!




2 comments:
That was a very sweet post, Alisha! I wanted to return the sentiment. I know we haven't met, or even been in contact that long, but I find it incredibly comforting that you're out there to offer advice and UNDERSTAND what we're going through (though I wish none of us had to go through this).
I photo-tagged you! Check it out on my blog!
Post a Comment