CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 27, 2010

The last two weeks in a whirl-wind!!




So, I did it!! I actually finished everything I needed to for school! I mean, I knew I would, since I always do, but it is always just a nightmare getting there! This year especially!!

Sunday night, around 9:30, I finished up my last portfolio. I even joked that I had spent the last two weeks working tirelessly on 38 scrapbooks for my preschoolers, when I still have yet to finish even one for my own daughter! But, hopefully that will change soon! Emarie also tested positive for strep earlier that day, and was pretty sick (part of the downfall of having her around other kids at her new babysitter's). She and Steve (who also developed symptoms of strep) stayed home on Monday. I also think I got it as well, but too bad I didn't have time to be sick!


My poor baby, sick with strep!!

I threw a huge "Luau" style sendoff for my kids on Wednesday. Complete with pina coladas, leis, fish print sunglasses, fish squirters, and a plethora of related activities to go along. We all had a blast, and I was actually sad to say goodbye (I may moan and groan, but I always miss my kids in the end when I send them off to kindergarten!)

After we put the last kids on the bus on Wednesday, it was full force for the move! My one assistant Brenda couldn't stay to help for long, since she had family coming for her daughter's graduation. But, my assistant Kris and her husband helped pack up until about 5. That was when I was by myself for awhile and moved all my big furniture out to the hall, to make it easier for the guys loading it on the trailers and trucks. This was quite a feat that day, when I was pretty sure I had strep at this point, had a fever, and felt like I was going to pass out. But, somehow I managed to keep going (and it helped when Steve brought me some drugs halfway through the night!). After awhile, I had some help again from Bekka and Heidi, and they were great at helping get the rest of the boxes and such out of the class! We went back and forth to our new home at Oakridge. Most people went home around 8 or 9, but Bekka and her husband stayed until about 9:45 at which time the alarm goes on at Oakridge. That was when I headed back to finish up as much packing as I could, until about 11:30. The next morning, we just had to take one more load, and then I was done, first one too! My reward was a giant chocolate bar, and the wonderful opportunity to clean out the two sheds that house all of our outside equipment, so that they could commence tearing down our playground. Let's just say, I got my manual labor and workout, to last me at least a week!

I am completely beat!! But, at least I've been feeling a lot better (health wise) today! All that will be left now, is getting my classroom set up. But, I'm not really worried about that, since I have three months!! A HUGE thanks to all those of you that helped!! You are all amazing! I thought it was very funny that the elementary teachers (who are moving into the rooms we're moving out of) employed the 5th and 6th graders, as well as district people to help them move. When the preschool teachers, along with a few husbands did it all by themselves in one night! And some of us more than once this year (me the most, with, eh-hem, four times in one school year! And it will be five, in two when I move back!) But, seriously, I am really glad to be back at Oakridge! It's quiet, it's homeyer (not a word, I know!), there's actually natural light, thanks to A LOT of windows!! And best of all.......the floor doesn't shake!!

Now, it will be on to Emarie's big hip surgery, which I can't believe is less than a week away!! She's still a little congested, so if everyone can keep her in your prayers that she's well enough when Wednesday rolls around. It really will be best to get this done at the beginning of summer, so that I may spend as much time with her as possible!! We're all still recovering from the bought of strep, but mostly doing much better!

Also Em had an eye appointment on Tuesday (the day of the city-wide power outage, that made getting there really fun! Not to mention trying to teach in a classroom with no windows or natural light anywhere close!). Her far-sightedness is actually improving, but they want to keep her perscription the same for now, which is good for us, since we barely bought her new glasses!


Can't seem to get this picture to turn around, I think it may be because it's from my phone. *sigh*


Really likes her cool "eye dilation" glasses!!

Thanks for reading, I know it went on longer than I wanted, sorry about that!! I'm just so happy that it's officially summer vacation. Well, after about 1:30 tomorrow, that is!!

I would also like to mention that we went to Emarie's best Chromosome 18 buddy's birthday bash on the 15th. To see some pictures, click here.

1 comment:

Bama said...

at least the move is over...