CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

So simple a word, but so sweet to hear!

I can't even tell you the last time I heard Emarie utter the word "momma" or "mom." It took me a long time to get over the fact that word was now ceremoniously changed to "dada" or "daddy." It's really no secret that Daddy is Emarie's favorite and I've struggled with the fact for a long time. I'll even admit that it made me cry sometimes that I was not the one she wanted comfort from when sad, but have gotten to the point where I can actually joke about it now, and say to her, "Hey, I carried you for 9 months and went through 36 hours of excruciating labor to bring you here, you are supposed to like me best!" And she would of course laugh. This is something NO ONE can ever take away from me, that is the ability to make Emarie laugh better than anyone can! So, I'll take it, but I'll admit it still makes me sad sometimes.

Not this weekend though, Emarie wanted her "Mama" and voiced it! I was very busy painting, cooking and cleaning this weekend and kept walking past her playing on the floor, as soon I was out of sight, I would hear her yell "MAMA" and guiltily (since Steve was in there with her) be so happy! She even let me put her to bed two nights in a row! This is huge!

So, I'm going to take my few days of glory since I don't know how long it'll last. But I just needed to celebrate!!

3 comments:

Jenny H said...

Celebrate away !! My favorite word ever!

Lacey said...

Yay! I'm happy to hear this. She loves you so much.

Bama said...

Dawsen likes her dad better too! Its always nice to know they want you for a change!!