CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 4, 2010

My little girl's growing up. So bittersweet :(


So many things lately have made me see my sweet little baby is not a baby anymore (sniff, sniff).
This first one, not such a big deal, but still.....





I can now put her hair in braids. What's more though, she let me do it!

I also have to think that a year from now she will be going to school here, unbelievable to even think about! And yes I know it's still a year away, but year's go so fast!

And lastly, my sweet little baby girl is now sleeping in her own room. This is a big deal more for Steve and I, since we were afraid of being so far away from her when she has so many "issues." And even more for me, I think, what if there's a fire, or an intruder, I mean she's all the way upstairs (our room is on the main floor). So Steve is the one that ultimately made the decision, and I let him, because it is time. After all, we do have a very high-tech video monitor (thanks to my aunt Amy) that made it seem like she was still right there next to our bed. But, yes I did still shed a few tears, and you know what, I think she slept better than she has in a really long time. I think she has come accustomed to her independence, and in fact, revels in it! It is just hard for a mom to let go (sniff, sniff, again).

Well, I was not surprised that this is how the first night ended up.........

(this is the rocking chair in her room where both her and daddy fell asleep)

However, she has been able to sleep in there on her own from that night forward.

3 comments:

Jenny H said...

OH! I am jealous of the video monitor. Deak sleeps in his own room, but it is less than 30 feet away...and I still have a baby monitor.
I don't think I'll ever stop using it!
She looks so cute...she got lots of compliments hanging on my Christmas Card wall.:)

Alisha said...

So did your sweet little ones hanging on mine!!

Bama said...

She is getting so big. I still can't put Dawsens hair in braids, but the people at her school can.