CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Carpet Dilemma

So, here's the scoop on our plumbing problems that happened over a month ago. Our home owner's insurance and our HOA were battling it out over who was going to pay for everything. Long story short, it ended up being the HOA's responsibility. So, as I am writing this, it so happens that the restoration company is in the process of ripping up our carpet and cleaning the floors underneath and cleaning and replacing the baseboards. After that is all done today, we will need to give it a few days to dry and then the carpet guys will be there Saturday to replace the carpet.
So here's the dilemma, we still haven't decided on a carpet. Here's the samples we have taken home and been debating over:


If anyone has been to our home, you will know that any one of these choices would be heads and shoulders above what we have. But here's the hard part, our ideal choice would be the top row, second to the right, but we would have to spend around $850 out of our pockets above what the insurance is paying for. So, the bottom row are all the ones that we would not have to pay anything extra for. So, with that in mind, we are now leaning to the bottom row, farthest on the right. Because it is the thickest of the "free's". But, as you can see, it's not much darker than the carpet we already have, so I'm sure we will still have a problem with stains. So, ultimately, we are trying to decide if it will be worth it to spend the money we really don't have, so that we may have the carpet we really want.

So, we really want your help in deciding!! Let us know what you think.
P.S. Just click on the picture to see it bigger!

4 comments:

alexis said...

I say if you're going for bottom row, do either far left or second to right, its the most different from what you already have.

Jenny H said...

I too think far left, bottom row. I wouldn't pay any extra if you didn't have to. I have a carpet very similar to that one and it has been WONDERFUL! Shows nothing, and has held up great. The darker, the better..it always looks lighter in a bigger sample.

Bama said...

Ok, so I gotta say before I finished reading I was going to say top row second on the left. But if were talking bottom row I like the one 2nd on the right. Dark carpets are amazing!

eric + ashlee said...

I couldn't make the picture larger, but from what I could see is the bottom far left. Yay for new carpet!