CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 28, 2013

Ryker at 2 Months


I am still doing my darndest to get back into the world of blogging.... I do miss it, but I become so overwhelmed when I think of how behind I am. But I have to believe that I will get caught up.... one day. 

Our sweet little boy is now two months old and it's amazing how fast the time has gone! So here's just a quick little update on where he is now. 

Milestones

-He has been holding his head up for up to a couple minutes at a time

-Smiles!! Sweet baby smiles are the best aren't they?? He has been smiling for awhile now, but in the last two weeks it seems much more intentional. Every time you look at him or talk to him. Until yesterday, it had only been Steve or me that he had smiled at, but his grandpa was graced with a few when he held him yesterday. 

-Reaching. He loves his activity mat he got for Christmas and will reach for the toys on it and has been for a long time (not exactly sure when). He is also great at getting the music to go on it... amazing how ahead he is in development! 

-Recognizing. He definitely recognizes mine and Steve's faces and now our voices as well. 

-Mimicking. He tries so hard to move his mouth with you when you talk or sing to him, and has even repeated sounds back a few times, including "hi". LOVE THAT!! He is also doing a fantastic job of making his sweet musical cooing sounds of his own all the time. 

-He has always been very strong and has been able to bear weight on his legs since day one. We have jokingly nicknamed him "the hulk" because when he gets mad that is when he is at his strongest! Heaven forbid if you take that bottle or breast away from him to burp him before he is ready!! I kid you not, he stands up and will NOT allow you to burp him! He also has rolled a few times in anger! Quite the little temper for sure! 

-He tolerates and does great with tummy time mostly! And he has even tried out his Bumbo now.

-He has been quite the fussy baby and would fall into the category that experts refer to as a "purple crier". In these times, the best way to calm him is to hold him close to your chest so that he can look into your face and sing to him as you walk around. He now goes every other day with these "crying all day" days, and we'll take all the peace we can get! 

-Eating.... *big sigh here* Breast feeding has always been a challenge for him unfortunately :( So much work for him and it takes him over an hour to get the amount he gets from a bottle in 10 or 15 minutes.... so that is mostly what we do, I pump, and he gets a bottle. This is especially hard on me since I was so looking forward to this aspect since I did not get to experience it with Emarie. I pumped for two years for her, and she was and still is tube fed. I still try to breast feed him a couple times a day, in hopes that he'll keep the habit for if ever there comes a time when it gets easier for him. His reflux is still quite prevalent and he vomits at least a little (sometimes A LOT) during, after.... and sometimes much after each feeding.

-Sleeping. Sleeping at night has not been much of an issue fortunately, other than the fact that he doesn't seem to like our room much (this is where we have his bassinet)... So Steve and I usually take turns sleeping in the living room with him. We're hoping to get him in his own room soon so that we can spend nights together again. His room seems to keep a much better temperature than ours, and we're hoping that is why he doesn't like to be there. 


Stats

-Clothing. I have only had to put aside two of his newborn things, and the rest still fit him fine. 0-3 month clothing is still big on him in a lot of ways, and he gets so tangled in his 0-3 sleepers and gets mad! Unfortunately I have to use a lot of his 0-3 stuff already because he goes through so many outfits a day with his vomiting! Laundry is always ridiculous too! 

-Diapers. He was in preemie diapers for the first 3 weeks of his life because he is so skinny! We used up the last of the newborns that we had on Friday, so decided to try some 1's because we had some already.... but it seems they are still too big! His little legs and waist are too skinny that they are too baggy on him and cause leaking because of it... so back to newborns, and not sure how much longer. 

-Weight. He is at 10 lbs 1 oz as of today, which puts him in the 9th percentile

-Length. He is 24 inches as of today, which puts him in the 92nd percentile!! 

-His head is 15 inches, which puts him in the 23rd percentile


So there you have it, we have a loooooong skinny boy! He also got a bunch of shots today which has made him grumpy and sleepy :(


We really love this little guy though and we are so grateful for him everyday! I know that each of my children are a miracle and I view them as such! 

2 comments:

Annie Bourgerie Janmohamed said...

Sounds like he is doing great! Audrey is a small one too. Just getting out of her NB clothes and NB diapers at 3 months. I have to admit, it was a little sad to buy size 1 diapers and accept that she is growing up. Can't wait to get our kids together!

Lacey said...

Such a cute boy! I love hearing about him. You're doing such a great job Alisha!!!