CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Ryker at 3 Months


Oh how nice it is to finally have successful pictures of this little guy! What a difference a month has made for reals!! As you can see from the pictures, he is quite the happy little guy! So I'll get on with his growing list of "new things" and milestones. 

-As stated in his 2 month update he had been holding his head up for just a few minutes at a time... Well that is now much improved, and he is almost always holding his head up, and only loses control briefly after a sudden movement of his head.

-His rolling is still pretty much where it was at last month, but it was a bit of a fluke that he rolled over so soon anyway, so I'm sure we'll see improvements if we keep up with his tummy time ;) 

-He will smile at pretty much anyone that will give him any sort of attention! And he most definitely has his daddy's killer smile! And I love that just like his sister, he too can seem to smile with his whole little body!  

-He laughs now, which is so unbelievably amazing to hear! He loves to be tickled and have his tummy blowed on, and we have recently discovered he now loves peek-a-boo which his sister was delighted about! 

-He is also babbling much more, which is so funny! I love carrying on little baby conversations with him, and the best are his facial expression while doing it.... almost as if he really is carrying on a conversation, only in a language only he understands ;)

-He has a new found fascination with hands..... his, mine, his dad's.... anyone's really. He loves watching them, and he loves to eat them too! In fact, he shoves those fingers of his so far in his throat, he actually gags himself from time to time! Not so good for a kid who already is constantly throwing up! I will be investing in some teething toys soon! 

-Feeding is still a bit of an issue with his reflux, meaning he is still throwing up quite a bit. Breast feeding thankfully has gotten a bit better, though he still mostly bottle feeds, but still 100% breast milk for the little guy! 

-Sleeping is amazing for him!! And us, haha!! He is consistently sleeping 8-9 hours through the night without waking at all, and I can't tell you how much that makes us like him all that much more! 

-And as you can gather, he is much happier! 3 months must have been his kicker... his peak, because it was like overnight that he was suddenly much happier. Although he will let you know that he does not like when you leave his waking sight.... other than that, happy, happy guy! We may be able to attribute a little of that to the fact that his little digestive system has once again become much more regular, and I haven't needed to "intervene" in at least a month ;) 



As far as SATs go, I really only have his weight since he doesn't go to the doctor for 3 months. But that is 11 lbs 4 oz, which I'm sure is still considered on the small side. But I take comfort in knowing that his sister was barely 12 lbs on her first birthday, so I'd say he's doing pretty well ;) He is mostly out of newborn clothes, but still fits into some of them including all the onesies. Mostly he's in 0-3's. He is still wearing newborn diapers, but we're almost out of them again, and I think we will try the ones when they're gone in a day or two... hopefully they work this time!

And I promise this blog isn't all about Ryker as of now. He is just the only one I have pictures ready for. But there are two posts coming up for Em, one is for her 5th birthday that came and went, but it will probably be backdated so that I won't have to look so bad ;)

1 comment:

Candice said...

He is absolutely adorable. I love those legging on him! :) I'm so glad to hear he is doing better in all areas! :) :)