CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

So... I guess we are "van people" now!

Other than our Ch18 peeps, the general consensus was, "never took you as van people!".... "Especially with only one kid!"

And well, I'd have to agree! I still remember distinctly, even up into the first few years of marriage I was swearing up and down that I would never own a van! 

But, that was of course before a sweet little girl graced my life! Once those we showed were able to see what we are using the van for, it's easy to see we should have gotten it a long time ago! 

Picking it up in Salt Lake

Our 2011 Town & Country

 Here's the big kicker! It fits her stroller, walker and wheelchair!

 We love this part! It has a 28 G hard drive to store music and pictures! Also a back-up cam!!

Steve decided it would be a good idea since we traded in both cars, to get a bike to ride to and from work. So right after we picked up the van, we headed straight to Sports Authority to get him a bike and helmet. And he has been such a sport and done great the last week! 
 This was him riding home yesterday


Em trying on daddy's helmet :) 

Em's favorite things about the new van-

-Finally having the space that she so craved!
-She loves, loves, loves having her own air vent right above her head! I often catch her in the built-in peek mirror just holding her hands up to it, so funny!
-She also loves the automatic sliding doors (so do we!), she thinks it just amazing that they shut "all by themselves"!

So, there you have it! We're "van people" now..... and proud of it! 

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Looks really nice! I've sworn I'll never get one either, but once you have kids the convenience does become more appealing. We'll just have to see:)

Candice said...

Good for you!! How awesome of Steve...and awesome FOR him. Great exercise!

Sara Beth Mortensen said...

IT great to get updated from your family. Your van is awesome, it looks like just what you needed.

injuries at birth said...

Lucky lucky! That looks like a perfect family van. Now I want one.

Lacey said...

I love this post. How did steve feel with you being camera ready on his ride home, lol. "van people"-lol