CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Worthen/Wilde family reunion in Moab!


Emarie and I went on a spur-of-the-moment vacation down to Moab for a family reunion for my grandma Wilde's (Worthen) side of the family. We had a lot of fun even though it mostly rained.
But, enjoy some pictures!


Em in front of our "Cabin" if you can call it that, I called it the treehouse without a tree!


The inside......and yeah, that's it! Once Em's crib was up, you couldn't even walk around anymore!


Chit-chatting while trying to avoid the rain
Bob, Gma Wilde, Debbie, Mitchell, Noah


So happy!! Just loved the attention from EVERYONE!!


Emarie, Jen and Gpa Wilde


Gpa Mitch pushing Em to the festivities that night, followed closely by uncle Connor
They had a talent show the first night, followed by an auction


Here's my cousin Craig showing off his auctioneering skills
Each family was supposed to bring things to auction off to help pay for the food and activities
My grandma's hand-knitted headbands and hats were a huge hit! As well as aunt Debbie's homemade Oreo cookies and Jen's delicious carmel popcorn that Craig jokingly stated was fat free, sugar free and calorie free when auctioning it off. Sadly, someone believed him on that too!


Aunt Debbie helping some little girls model for us!


Our family ended up buying most of my grandma's stuff, Em also got a red one like this. I also bought one of my grandma's handmade one of a kind quilts for my cousin who's expecting a little boy. If you've ever seen any of Em's NICU pictures, she's rarely in her crib without the pink one my grandma made her! So I just had to buy the blue version for the next little boy being born!!


And her handmade, knitted one of a kind Grandma Wilde hat!
I think I might have to think about not asking her to smile when I take a picture anymore, since this is the result I get when I do! She's still cute as can be though!


Connor, Em and Grandpa Mitch on the hike to Delicate Arch
Mitchell carried her most of the way up, and I carried her down, that was a big help to me!!


Noah, Bob, Deb, Craig, Sadie, Connor, Mitchell, Em and Me (Jen was taking the picture, I'll have to try and get the one that the nice man took with her camera with all of us)
Notice the "Geeky" family reunion shirts that say "Wilde Worthens"! They couldn't get one small enough for Em, so I have to give props to Steve's mom for embroidering one for her the night before we left. Again, her talent for that is amazing!! Sadie seems to have ditched hers, slacker!


Can't believe I have never been to this gorgeous place before, that I only live a mere 3 hours away from!
That's the big group of New York students, about 80 of them, that were bugging us the entire time, mostly about getting out of their pictures.


An hour and a half hike was SO worth it!


Craig, Connor, me and Em enjoying this vast wonder of the world!


Who's afraid of heights?? Not us!!! Especially not Em, she was amazing me with how far she was leaning back to see the top of the arch!


So freaking cool!


No explanation really, just one of those pictures you just HAVE to take!


Just a "Wilde" group chillin! Some more afraid of heights than others ;-) Notice Noah was missing at this point, he wouldn't go any further!


Why yes I did climb all the way up there with my 20 lbs girl strapped to me! Ain't nothing to it!


Here's a closer look at the shirt my mother-in-law did for Em. She does wonderful, quality, quick work for a fair price! Let me know if you want her info for sewing, embroidery, quilting etc.!

And a few final scenery pictures, because who doesn't love those??



This one was on a stop on our detour to Ferran to see where my Grandma grew up
So amazing!!

We did have a great time hanging out with my Wilde family!! And yes, that joke got really old when growing up with the name myself!! But, I'm so glad I finally got to see one of the things that the state I live in is truly famous for! And the best part? I got to share with some great family members, and my favorite little girl in the whole world!!

5 comments:

K Rawley said...

Gorgeous pics Alisha! And Kudos on the climb with Em!! Looks like you had a wonderful time spent with family!

Candice said...

Looks like a fun time...and lots of exercise too. Love all the pics of Em and CUTE shirt!!

Chanté said...

Darling pictures of Em! I've never been to Moab...looks like I need to!

I'm in love with her olive green headband. Does your Grandma sell them to anyone? How much is that particular headband? SO CUTE!

Alisha said...

Yes Chante! I'm sure my grandma would love to make some for you! I don't think she has a sure set price yet, I think they sold for $10 a piece at the auction, but knowing my grandma, I'm sure she thinks that's too expensive! I will find out though, and let you know!

Lacey said...

Sounds like so much fun. I LOVE Delicate Arch. I can't believe you guys hiked up carrying Emarie!