We did a lot this past weekend..........
After about two weeks of relentless searching, and sweltering hot, lot hopping........we bought a car on Saturday! Just for ME!!
And isn't it just the cutest?? I absolutely love it!! BTW so does Emarie! And good thing it's such a girlie color, so I won't have to worry about anyone else driving it ;)
That night (Saturday) is when I made Steve's Father's day dinner, since we would be going to about 3 different dinners on the actual day.
In the process of slicing some potatoes with our wonderful slicer for my Potato, bacon and cheese torte, I managed to slice off a portion of my middle finger on my right hand. Now, if Steve tells you this story, he will say that I was not using the guard and that is why this happened. Well, I'm not going to lie, this is true. However, the potatoes were too big to fit in the guard at first, so what I was doing, was cutting them down a little bit, and then putting them safely in the guard. This system worked perfectly, that is, until the third potato. What I failed to think about, was that if I just cut the potatoes in half in the first place, then this whole fiasco could have been avoided! *Sigh* ah well, live and learn, right??!! Anyway, those of you that know me, know that I don't like blood, so it's better not to look. But, I took comfort in knowing that it didn't really hurt, so it probably wasn't that bad as I was running it under cold water, and I told Steve that I had mostly just cut my fingernail, no worries! Steve however, DID look, and DID think it required medical attention. I still thought I was fine, and just bandaged it up so that I could finish dinner. However, the dang thing wouldn't quit bleeding, so I had to go to the IC to get it taken care of.
I will spare you on the real pictures of the actual wound, I still don't like looking at it!
But, here's what it looked like after they bandaged it all up
And even though I was supposed to keep this bandage on for at least 48 hours, that thing didn't last more than a day, because it was hella annoying! As you could probably figure from the size!
Anyway, I got home late, and we enjoyed my perfect dinner after that! And to answer, I'm sure, all of your questions: NO, I do not believe we ate that piece of my finger! In fact, I'm pretty sure it was washed down the sink!

"D" for "Dad" you know?
And I gave Steve his other present that night (after midnight, of course!)
I know what you're thinking, "What kind of a gift is a garbage can??" Well, I'll tell you that this guy has wanted a can like this for a while now! And I got great deal, two for the price of one! Can't beat that! And that little one will look oh so cute in one of the bathrooms, right??!
Ok, now onto the honoring of the father's in our life! That's what this whole day is about right??


What can I say? This girl and her dad are like two peas in a pod! Steve is an excellent dad. There is really no one better suited to be sweet little Emarie's dad than him. I thought moms already had it in them to know exactly what to do for their children. Well, not this mom, it was completely the dad in our situation! Steve has unknowingly taught me so much of what I needed to know to be Emarie's mom. I can't even begin to describe. He's taught me patience, and acceptance. As well as, the ability to deal with things that life is always throwing our way. None of it has been easy, especially for me. But, I've learned from him, that I can handle it, because he does, and so well. This guy will probably never know all that he has taught me. Except for maybe the obvious things like, how to make Em's bag, and how to give Em her shot correctly, as well as a plethora of other things that I probably could take all night in telling you! But, I won't, I will just end here, and say that this guy is the BEST dad I've ever had the pleasure to watch! Thank you so much for doing the best job possible with our little girl! Emarie and I love you, and hope you had a great Father's Day, because you deserve the BEST!!
Happy Father's Day as well to Emarie's 3 grandfathers! You each are amazing with her! As well, as Emarie's 4 great-grandfather's, you don't know how lucky I feel that Emarie gets to know the wonderful grandfathers that Steve and I grew up with! You all are so wonderful, and we feel so blessed to have you a part of our sweet little girl's life!!
Happy Father's Day!! Love the Peters'!




3 comments:
Again, sorry about your finger. :(
Happy Fathers Day Steve. I love the pics, especially the one of Steve and Em sleeping in the recliner.
How lucky Em is to have so many grandpas!!
That meal looks delicious! I too, loved those pictures. What a nice tribute to a great daddy.
Happy Fathers Day Steve! Sorry about your finger lish. Goodness-you remind me of Bella, lol.
Post a Comment