CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

You are 1!!!




Dear Ryker,

Today you are one, and in many ways I can hardly believe that much time has passed.... but at the same time it doesn't seem nearly long enough! I cannot imagine our family without you. You have brought so much joy, hope, laughter and love to our tight knit family in one year's time. Hope is a big one. We are experiencing things with you that we never thought we'd be able to as parents. Don't get me wrong, we are so immensely proud of your sister and each and every one of her accomplishments, but there are some things we have had to face that she will probably never do. But we get to celebrate the things we will miss out on with her with you, and I cannot tell you what kind of joy that brings us. 

Here are a few of my favorite things about you at this age :) 

I love how happy you are every time you wake up and I come in to get you up. Your little smile radiates from your whole soul and lights up the whole room literally.... and it warms your mama's heart each time! I am so lucky! 

I love, love, love your curious nature! Even though it causes me a lot of anxiety (like when you try to go down the stairs or climb on top of things!). Your little mind never stops for one minute of the day! You are always trying to figure out something new, and I know you will be very smart because of this. I hope you never lose it! 

I love the way you brush my hair out of my face to look at me when I hold you, this is the sweetest thing, and it lets me know you love your mommy. 

I love when you hear a phone or small device making a noise, you immediately turn it to see it and light up when it is a video or picture. 

I love your crazy hair that I can never seem to keep tamed!

I love the sloppy open mouth kisses that you sometimes surprise me with, or give me when I ask :) But I love if I'm laying on the couch and you crawl over, pull up and plant one somewhere on my head or face, you always seem to catch me off guard and make me laugh, while causing my heart to burst all at the same time!

I love the crazy, expressive faces you make! Most especially your duck face!

I love the way you light up when you see someone you know! Whether it be me, your daddy, grandpa or grandma, or your cousins, you always make them feel very important, you are such a sweet boy!

I love how you light up when you see any young child, including pictures. You love to watch the digital picture frame and get especially excited when you see pictures of your sister, yourself, or your cousin, Adam. It was also fun to see you interact with Adam when he was here with your aunt for a visit. You two really played well together and it's easy to see how you guys will become best friends, too bad they live so far away :( But they're coming again in February, and you both should be walking by then, and I'm sure you both will give your mommies a run for the money while you're together! You also really love to look at yourself in the mirror, surprise, surprise ;) 

I love that you still love your nursing time with mommy.... even in light of mommy trying to wean you, you are making that very difficult because you love it so much. And to think about how worried I was your first few months of life and whether you would ever actually nurse :) 

I love your love of food! Even though you scream at me sometimes if I am not fast enough to get food to your mouth! I love that you will eat pretty much anything, even if it is clear that you don't really like it! I think you make most people laugh when you are eating, and you are always good entertainment for that! 

I love the clear love you have for your sister. It really warms my heart to see how excited you are to see her and play with her. Even when she is a little less than nice to you ;) You still love her unconditionally, no matter how many times she hits you, knocks you over or body slams you! 

I love the way you dance! It makes me laugh EVERY time! And you know it, so that is why you still do it I believe! 

I love how smart you are! You still find a way to amaze me each and every day with the things you pick up on so easily! You have around 8 words at this point and your comprehensive language is amazing! 

I too love your determined nature. When you see something you're after, there isn't much we can do to keep you from it! You will always find something that I try to hide, or find a way in a closed door. Trust me kid, use this determination in the right way, and you will go far in life! 

I love that you are a true momma's boy! And you are so much like your mommy it is scary at times ;) I hope you will always hold a special place for mommy in your heart! 

Now of course, just a few pictures of our squirt highlighting his first year :) 



I sure love you Ryker! So does your daddy, sister, grandparents, aunts/uncles, cousins and friends! You are one amazing little boy, and people can't help but love you when they meet you! We are so blessed to have you in our lives, and Happiest of Birthdays to you! And to many, many more!!

Love Always,
Mommy

A few of his stats:

Ryker weighs just under 19 lbs, so about 18 lbs 14 oz

He still doesn't have any teeth, and I'm not sure when they'll make an appearance!

He eats 3 solid meals a day, but still breastfeeds 4 times a day (trying to get that down to 3 though!)

Not walking yet, but standing on his own without holding onto anything, and cruising from furniture to furniture, with maybe a solitary step or two here and there, so I'm thinking walking will come in the next month or two. 

NO known food allergies, which is HUGE!! But, we will still probably get some standard testing done given his sister and daddy's history.

Size 3 diapers, clothing is mostly 9 months at this point, but some 12 month :) Shoe size 2, which is tiny I know, but he is still so much bigger than his sister was, so we are just fine with his size! 

He sleeps through the night, a consistent 12-13 hours, with 2 two hour naps during the day. 

He wears his clothes down to almost nothing with his crazy crawling and he is one fast little crawler! No more army crawling at all unless he is going under something he can't fit under on all fours. Sad about that a little because it was so stinking cute, but happy that I don't have to completely stain treat the entire fronts of his clothes, or throw them out anymore.... now it is just the legs :) 

Only one major illness still to report, which was mentioned in his last update post (hand, foot and mouth disease simultaneous with strep), but he has had quite a few colds. NO ear infections, which is quite miraculous again given his sister's history :)



There you have it! It's been one heck of a year! 

No comments: