CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

What we've all been waiting for!

*Play song, Good Life with this post

That title is fitting in more ways then one

1. We have been waiting on this conference for over a year since we didn't attend last year's in Tulsa

2. Because I've been waiting a long time to actually get the post written

I know I elaborated a little on a previous post that I was having a hard time getting this out. But, I don't think I hit on the true, main reason- I'm sad to say goodbye. And essentially by writing this out, it really makes it final and over. Even though it's been over for over a week, it's still really hard to come to terms with. I think there was more anticipation going to this conference then any of the others we've been too. Don't get me wrong, I will tell people time and time again, that going to the San Antonio conference in 2008 (when Emarie was only 6 months old) literally saved us. Before that, we'd never met anyone with the same condition or similar to our daughter's. We had no idea what to do in terms of care and therapies for her, other than what the doctors recommended, but let's face it they were up front with us in telling us they had no idea what they were dealing with. So, the anticipation was different, and really we had no idea what to expect. 

And Las Vegas was more the next year (and BTW, if you clicked on Las Vegas, I'd like to think I've come a long way in blogging since then!).... but nothing could have compared to the build up of going this year. I don't know if it's because of the wait already mentioned, which probably was part of it. But I have a greater suspicion it was due to all the people we were about to see. Not only families that we missed and hadn't seen in 2 years, but also new families that I'd been connecting with online. Some I'd been talking to for a year or more. 

Families like, the Wolf's
 Candice, Macy, Em and me

 A better look at the gorgeous Macy (only 1 month old!) Definitely one of the highlights was getting to hold this cute girl!

Joel and Graham with Em and me in the pool

I have been talking with Candice since shortly after her son Graham was diagnosed about a year and a half ago! Emarie is only 2 months older than Graham and he has been a BIG inspiration to us as he is doing so much!! It was such a highlight to finally meet this family in person! You can see the Wolf family blog here.

And the Price family (well only part of them were at the conference)
Em and me with Kennedy and Erica. Kennedy also has a twin brother and 2 older siblings along with her dad at home. We haven't been talking to the Price family quite as long, but it was just as much of a highlight to meet them as well :) You can see the Price family blog here.

And the Borucki family

Sadly it looks like I only got pictures of Jonah and Farrah, but they are a gorgeous family that I hope I get to see again!
 Their newest addition, Farrah at 3 months old

And that's Graham, Jonah and Em

As well as the Stoddards and Nicholsons
 Jenna and Kim

Tanis and Aiden

There were also a few families that I actually had met at previous conferences, but didn't get to know well until after the conferences, so of course it was amazing to see them when I felt like I knew them better!

Part of the Griffin family
Shelby and Alex (you can see the Griffin family blog here)

Part of the Gallardo family
Stacey and Amelia with Em and me

The Pugh family
Brayden and Salina (the last conference these guys attended was San Antonio, and you can imagine Brayden was only a baby like Em, so it has been amazing to see them again... though we've been keeping up online)

And the Downs/Darnell family
Em and me with the famous Lillian (mentioned her mom Camilla and her amazing mission in a previous post)

And of course, there's always the new families that you meet for the first time at the conference!

Was especially excited about this one because they live in Utah!
The Harper family
 Megan and Angie (don't ask about the face I'm making!)

Isn't Megan a doll?? So reminds me of Em at that age (she's 20 months)! Can't wait to get to know this family better! Should be easy since we go to a lot of the same doctors ;)

Then there was Maria Lin and her son Jacob

We went to dinner with The Wolf's and Maria on the second night
That's me, Maria, Candice & Macy, Joel & Graham, and Steve & Emarie (and BTW, it was quite funny witnessing the waitress trying to capture this shot!)

That's Maria on the right with Candice and me (See Maria's blog here)

And her sweet Jacob
This is him sound asleep minutes before they were about to leave for home in NYC

The Hinden family
Justin, Olivia and their adorable Owen! Ok, so I did know this family a little before the conference from good ole facebook... but only like literally a week or two before! So that's why I'm including them here!

And the Horne family (well only part of them again!)
That's Natalie and her adorable Logan (don't think they know I got this picture). Sadly I didn't get to know this family quite as well as I would have liked, but maybe they'll become one I get to know better after, since I just found her on facebook :)

And the Posher family (again, only have a picture of their kid, guess you know the ones I'm drawn to ;)
William is a cutie and around the same age as Em (as a lot of the q boy were this year). He has great parents that I'm also hoping to get to know better!


And then all the good ole families we've known since the first conference

 One of the craziest moms I know! The great Shelly Hunt! She and her daughter Sarah showered Em with attention and gifts this year, they are awesome! Sarah is also the one who designed the amazing conference shirt for this year, featuring Em! Mentioned in this post

Had to steal this picture from Stacey since I failed to take my camera. That's a few of the great mom's at the annual Ladies Night Out (L to R: Kim and her mom, Lorrie, Maria, Susan, me, Shelby, Stacey and Natalie) 

Thanks to all of you for making it such a great year! And until next year, hopefully we'll see all of you again, and meet more and more in each year to come! I can't say that I feel more comfortable around any other huge group like this! There was nearly 300 families in attendance this year!

And thanks for the responses to that previous post, and I know you're there... reading, just not always responding. It's just the idea of putting so much into something that no has anything to say about, but I know it still gets read :) And I thank and appreciate every single one of you for that!

And yes, there's going to have to be one more post ;) Gotta get the thoughts and feelings of all that the conference was, not just the amazing people, but as you can see they are a big part!!

6 comments:

Candice said...

Awww, this post was so sweet. Thank you!! I was SO looking forward to meeting you guys this year and you all did not disappoint. You're a great family and I look forward to keeping in touch like we always do, and seeing you again at future conferences!!

Allison said...

looks like so much fun! We've been to a couple of conferences and loved them, but haven't been in several years. It makes me a bit envious to see everyone :) Maybe one of these years we'll make it again. It would be nice to meet you all in person!

The Stoddard's said...

WOW! After reading this and seeing the pictures, I feel like we only scratched the surface meeting these great families.

Molly said...

So great reading this post & hearing about the conference. I'm so sad we couldn't make it this year. We are looking forward to going next year. I have been reading you blog too, just never comment. :) Molly

K Rawley said...

The Rawley Family WILL be in attendance next year!!! I can't wait to meet you and all those wonderful families in person!!
Thanks for sharing!

Lacey said...

I'm so glad you have such a great family out there! It's such a blessing to know that these amazing people are in your lives and you're in theirs!