* Play Harry Potter Theme Song for this post
It seems as though Steve and I have been quite the hosts this year! In fact, we've probably had more parties at our house in the last couple of months than the whole time we've lived here combined!
It seems as though Steve and I have been quite the hosts this year! In fact, we've probably had more parties at our house in the last couple of months than the whole time we've lived here combined!
The latest ones were when my long lost brother was in town with his family
Then, Steve's family (in the last post)
And this last one was a Harry Potter party (and yes, I am that geek). Mainly it was to watch the last Deathly Hallows movie (part 1) since the next part (part 2) is coming out this Friday!! But, why not have a little fun with it??
So I decorated (just a little, I swear!), and made and had people bring treats that complimented the movie :)
I made Butterbeer. You probably only know what this is if you are a fan! But, it is the drink that the kids at Hogwarts get when they go to visit the local village (Hogsmead) near their school. I found a few recipes online, but they all sounded incredibly sweet (with butter, butterscotch syrup, sweetened condensed milk and cream soda being some of the key ingredients)! So I played around with it, and traded/lessened a few ingredients... and the end result was still a bit sweet, but nice in small amounts.
Here's the recipe if you want to try it:
Microwave 1/4 C of sweetened condensed milk, 1/4 C of butterscotch syrup and 1 T whipped butter for about 1 minute in a glass dish. Stir and add 3/4 C of club soda (but you can use cream soda if you so dare!), stir again and enjoy! Makes enough for about 1, so you can multiply this to get more :)
I also made my always crowd pleasing Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecake (recipe here)
Here's a few pictures from the party:
Everyone enjoying the Butterbeer and Pumpkin Cheesecake
L to R: Tyler, Lacey *peanut, Dakota, Bret, Bama, and McCord
Bret, Bama, McCord, Gabi and Xander
Em, not cooperating for a picture... what she does lately *sigh
The adorable licorice wands Lacey made
The darling "Pumpkin Pasties" (treat from the Hogwarts Express) decorated with HP memorabilia, made by Marci (who unfortunately I forgot to get a picture of! was going to do it with her and me) :(
Pretty much the only decorations... and no, that picture's not mine! I actually got it for my step-dad Mitch for Father's Day (it's to go in his theater room), and then asked to borrow it for this
So, yes, I fully admit to being a full on Harry Potter nerd!! But, I'm proud of it!!
Here's a few pictures from the party:
Everyone enjoying the Butterbeer and Pumpkin Cheesecake
L to R: Tyler, Lacey *peanut, Dakota, Bret, Bama, and McCord
Bret, Bama, McCord, Gabi and Xander
Em, not cooperating for a picture... what she does lately *sigh
The adorable licorice wands Lacey made
The darling "Pumpkin Pasties" (treat from the Hogwarts Express) decorated with HP memorabilia, made by Marci (who unfortunately I forgot to get a picture of! was going to do it with her and me) :(
Pretty much the only decorations... and no, that picture's not mine! I actually got it for my step-dad Mitch for Father's Day (it's to go in his theater room), and then asked to borrow it for this
So, yes, I fully admit to being a full on Harry Potter nerd!! But, I'm proud of it!!




5 comments:
Guess what? We took a pumpkin cookie, so i could try it the next day, and Some one....left it in my car. I was so bummed. BUt, that cheesecake, is soooo good. I'm gonna have to try and make it myself sometime. THanks for letting us come!
It ws great! Thanks for having it and inviting us. Now to read the book again this weekend before I see the movie.
What a fun idea! I can't wait to see the movie, but am not sure when I'll be able to. Are babies allowed??!
Looks like so much fun! Love all the treats too... very creative. I got a good laugh out of Em looking away from the camera. B has been against photos lately too. She sticks her finger up her nose or looks down usually. We bribe her to look and say "cheese" but most of the time even "cheese" doesn't look smiley lately! :)
So much fun... except I hate pictures of me eating... but at that party there wasn't much time where I wasn't lol! It was so much fun!!! So happy you posted the butterbeer recipe!! next I want that cheese cake recipe.. this fall will be amazing!!! Thanks so much for inviting us!
Post a Comment