CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 13, 2010

Tis the Season after all!

**Disclaimer** This is a really long post because I am so behind! And I'll have you know that it was started a week ago, and is now just getting published!

Well, I'm a little behind on this post, but well.... to say the least, life has been hectic! But know, that that is putting it lightly.

As far behind as we were this year with getting our tree up, we did start of with a bunch of bangs in December. And I'll just point them out in picture form ;)

First was the Festival of Trees to see the Howe Family's tree for their little boy Deakon, who just so happens to be one of Emarie's best little buddies in the Ch18 world and out as well! They did an amazing job with it, and just know our pictures do not do it justice, so click on each of the first 3 pictures to see their blog and the story behind it all :)

 It was to the theme of Deakon's favorite book "Good Night Moon" It was his sister Abby's creation brought to reality

 We donated the bunny, and I love what they did with it!

 We also donated some of the Yo Gabba Gabba books, which is Deak's favorite show

 It was emotional to be here in the midst of all these miracle inspired trees. Especially sharing it with our living miracle child who we can not thank God enough for everyday. Thanks Howe family for this special moment!

 In front of the giant gingerbread house. We also bought some things to help with donations to Primary Children's. 100% completely of the proceeds goes to Primary

Immediately after the Festival, we got to use some great BYU basketball tickets yet again, thanks to our home teacher Terry Nashiff. 

After we got to our seats and were there all of about 10 minutes, I noticed someone to my left and the row behind us
this guy
Yup, that guy in the BYU safari hat just so happens to be my grandpa! Took a minute to get his attention, love this guy!

Did I mention this game was held at The Energy Solutions Arena (where the Jazz play)? Not that we could ever think to be this close to a game there again!




 These nice complete strangers asked if they could hold our daughter, and they had her for about half the game!

Sitting in the chair all by herself

Bad habit probably, but we're trying to defer chewing on her bib by giving her a pacifier, but we really are trying to get rid of it all!

Steve was very excited to be so close!

I did get all my decorations up except the tree (which is really the main affair though) the Saturday after Thanksgiving, but waited to take pictures of everything until we got the tree up, and then for all the lights to be working :S

























My favorite is snowmen! But a close second are gingerbread men, so that is the decor for the kitchen


I also got crafty a bit this year, only because I had to ;) (I use to make all my decorations, back when I had the time).

I had to make a garland for the door because Steve didn't want to do lights on the house this year.
I made the wreath too, but that was a few years back

 I've been wanting a Christmas floral arrangement for awhile now, but pricing at Michael's, Hobby Lobby and Robert's- WAY TOO EXPENSIVE (like $45). But one day while shopping for candy for PTC, I saw some Christmas floral priced at $1, so this whole arrangement was about $12, and I got to use it on my table at PTC. Subsequently one of our hard working teachers/translator/super woman exclaimed how pretty it was....
 So I made one for her too!

Also the tree for my sister's grave saw it's last Christmas last year, so I made a new one of those too.
 This is before it was finished though, so it's without the poinsettias and holly berries, and the ribbon wasn't set just right yet either. I'll get a picture of the final product next time we get up there :)

And just a few of the annual Christmas pictures of Emarie :)

 PEIP Christmas party, amazingly Em wasn't scared of Santa! As Trish said, "Smart girl, smart girl"

And our traditional home ones:

 Always have a candy cane picture
 And Steve's mom got her this apron that says "Santa's Little Helper" very cute!

This one's kinda blurry, but loved anyway!

 And her stocking that she was delivered to us in (since she was born on Christmas Eve). We'll continue to try and put her in it every year, until it just has to be next to her or held by her ;)





Hope your holidays are going as smooth as ours ;)

7 comments:

Lacey said...

So cute. Your house, you guys, your precious little girl. Everything is so cute!

Unknown said...

Alisha...how do you do it all. I swear you get extra hours each day or you have sworn off sleeping! You are my hero.

Allison said...

I was struck by the strangers who held Emarie at the game because that is the one thing that sticks out in my mind with Abby. The people she affects deeply just in everyday life. Obviously Emarie does the same!

Jenny H said...

Love, love the pictures of Em in the stocking. Too cute.
Thanks for visiting our tree!:) Glad you liked it!

Lindsey said...

I love how Christmas-y your house looks! By the way, you have no idea how many coworkers I've shared your story with... about stone soup and a bottle of beer. Too funnnnnny!!

Candice said...

Love this post...love the decorations...love the pics of Em...so freakin cute!! Why four stockings?

As for the pacifier, once we weaned Graham at 24 mos, he started chewing his bib, then we got him to stop doing that, now he is grinding his teeth. I'm thinking it's an oral fixation or something. I'm thinking of getting him a chew tube and letting him have a couple sessions a day...maybe that'll help. I have also heard this is very common with all children and they usually outgrow it. Time will tell!

Alisha said...

Haha, that's a good question Candice. For as long as I've been together with Steve (save for the first year, since we were only married 13 days before Christmas) we've had 4 stockings. I think the answer lies in the fact that we bought all of our first Christmas decorations after Christmas (since we didn't put anything up before, we got home from our honeymoon on Christmas Eve), and I fell in love with the stocking hangers that I have and bought all that they had seeing as I didn't have any idea how many children we would have.

We have used them in many different combinations, including one for me, Steve, my dad (he usually spends Christmas Eve at our house), the dogs and such. But now that there's Em, she's the only one that gets a stocking filled, and as you can see the only one that has her name on one. We'll see what happens in the future ;)